Chaotic Festival II

Part 1

3rd Person POV

-Morning, the same day

Slamming his hand loudly on the Torii, a green-eyed boy wearing a hakama, Nora, cornered a girl. Stuck between Nora and the Torii, the girl shook fearfully. Smiling kindly, the boy gently lifted her chin.

"It is ok, I am not here to hurt you." Nora gently said.

Those words along with his gentle actions and voice, made the girl sigh in relief and calm down. However, her heart was not calm. Now that her fears were disappearing, her heartbeat was loudly for another reason. A shy girl since birth, she was not good with strangers, not to mention boys. Nonetheless, she was now being in such a close distance from one. At times like this, she blamed her vivid imagination and the pool of knowledge she has from books. She should've listened to her family members and avoided reading those books, because of that, she is now getting all fidgety.

"Hey, don't be nervous, I am a good guy... there is also nothing wrong happening." Nora chuckled.

For some reason, that only made the girl more nervous.

"You are quite cute when you blush... say there, what is your name?" Nora asked.

Still holding her chin up, he was taller than her for one head, if the girl knew better, she would consider him to be older than her when it was the opposite. At this point, her mind was a mess but she could still speak up, call for help after being 'forced' into this shameful situation, however, she stared at his eyes and could not see any sort of negative feelings that she would usually see in the people that got close to her because of her family position. That is why, instead of calling for help from the bodyguards that her brother put around her, the girl-

"A-Ayaka." The girl, Ayaka, spoke for the first time.

Smiling at her timid reaction, Nora decided to not start showering her with praises about her voice that sounded sweet and pleasing to the ears otherwise she might get even more embarrassed than she looked.

"I came here only for one reason, would you like to..." Nora lowered his head near her ear and whispered.

It caused her to shudder and certain expectations rose between her, just like the book the girl had read, will he-

"Please become my friend?" Nora playfully said before leaning backward. "I saw you all by yourself and a few times you were too shy to reach for other children so I thought I could fix that..."

The girl somehow did not know what to do. On one side, she was relieved that things did not escalate or she would've fainted, but on the other hand... it felt kind of empty. Her brother's joking words might be true, she is quite precocious.

Looking down shyly, she did not bad to show a disappointed expression to the boy, she somehow wanted to look the best in front of him. Nonetheless, she gathered her courage and looked up to ask him for at least his name but her words got caught in her throat when he got even closer.

"Hmm? You feeling ok? You are all red..." Nora asked in an uncertain tone. "Should I take you to your family? That said, I have some knowledge in medicine if you give me your permission, I can examine you... Eh? Why are you getting redder?"

The girl blamed herself once again for reading those 'texts', she couldn't help but imagine one of those situations she read and her imagination led her to guess wildly if he was telling the truth or-

"Ah..." Ayaka mumbled.

It was too much for the poor girl's head to withstand the shame that her imagination brought her plus the embarrassment she felt when the concern filled the face of the boy free of any ideas like she had stared at her. Before her consciousness left her, she wanted to know the name of the boy, or she might not get a better chance to meet him.