The Beginning

Prologue 

?'s POV

"Ar.. ou ...?"

Hmmmm? I suddenly started to hear a faint voice.

"Are you ...?"

Perhaps because the speaker was closer, or perhaps because my consciousness was coming back, I could hear it more clearly than before.

Wait, When did I lose my consciousness?

"Hey, Are you ok?"

The voice sounded a lot more clear this time. The message was properly transmitted this time.

Still, I felt heavy. My eyes were closed, and my eyelids showed no sign of moving.

I thought of answering the voice, but not to mention my voice, my mouth was not responding either.

What first came to my mind was a certain phenomenon that happened to me years ago when I was a small child.

It was not later years that I learned the name of such a phenomenon, it was called sleep paralysis.

Not sure why that came to my mind at this moment, but it felt quite similar.

Although, at the same time... I had a hunch that this was a more unique situation.

"Hmmm, he is not responding. I wonder if he is still numbed by this place, although, as he is now, I am not sure how to wake him up". I got the feeling that who said that seemed at loss.

The same voice from before spoke again. 

Now that it is this close, I could focus on the fact that it is a male voice.

Not sure who this person is though, he does not sound familiar.

It seems that from his point of view, I am still sleeping. That is not wrong to assume.

In cases like this, I am supposed to stay calm. I did not panic this time, but I can still recall that at that time years ago...

I was seriously scared.

"For now, I will wait for a bit for him. I have a lot of free 'time' afterall". The voice muttered before quietening again.

Not sure if I should be saying this but... Are you sure you want to spend your time watching someone sleep?

No, I think that I should be more worried about the fact that some guy I don't know is watching me sleep.

With newfound motivation, I tried to recall the way to get out of this situation.

Let's see... little by little, try to move a part of your body, I need to focus in that particular zone.

From that part, to the rest of the body. The process might be slow, so I need to do it patiently.

I don't know how long I spent doing it, but some time later, I could finally move my hand, from my hand then to my arm.

And just like that, I could finally move again.

It was rather fast, I think.

"Oh, you are finally moving, at long last you are awake. I have been waiting for 4 hours straight". The voice said, perhaps answering my inner question.

Or maybe not, I am not very good at counting the time that passes.

"If you are awake, why don't you get up? I don't think we will be able to talk like this". The voice insisted on me getting up.

Since a while ago, when the feeling of my body returned, I learned that I was lying down somewhere.

But the feeling was not one I recognized.