before the fight

hi all... i've missed you so much. i am going through a lot right now with my family and school so i've come back to write to get my mind off things. i finish all my classes in april then i am DONE FOREVER!! i cannot wait. i am hoping once i graduate, i will be able to write more, add some blurbs, and maybe write another book (not part of this series).

anyway, pls enjoy this short blurb :) <3 NOT EDITED.

****

*Before the fight*

Avie laid on the couch, her back resting against JJ's chest as she laid between his legs. JJ's arms were wrapped around his girlfriend's waist, his hands resting gently on her small baby bump. Avie was about five months pregnant with her second baby. Neither of them knew how they were going to handle or afford a second child but somehow River's face was their reminder to keep pushing through it.

JJ leaned his head up a bit to rest his chin on Avie's head. She smiled and sighed, relaxing further against him.

"I'm tired today." Avie spoke as the show they were watching went to commercial.

"Me too." JJ sighed.

Avie chuckled lightly and hit his leg with her foot, "You're not pregnant."

JJ smiled, "With you on top of me right now it feels like I am."

Avie laughed and sat up to face him. He adjusted his position, pushing his hips up and stretching his chest out. "Do you think Riv's gonna be mad?"

JJ's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "At what?"

"This." She looked down at her belly. She remembered her first pregnancy with River. Everything made her uncomfortable: being pregnant, looking pregnant, baby kicks, her belly growing, having no clothes, being a teen mom. It was all embarrassing. This pregnancy was different. While not exactly planned, Avie loved watching her belly grow. In fact, this pregnancy her belly was growing fast than it did with River. That scared her. But she also found it so beautiful that her and JJ made another life. It was fascinating, messy, and beautiful all at once. 

JJ chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair, "I think she's gonna be a lil bitch about it, but she'll get over it. She already knows."

"Okay, but she's three. Sure, she knows, but she doesn't understand how much of the attention will be on this one instead of her." Avie responded, thinking to how her daughter was going to adjust to this new baby.

River was used to the spotlight, all the attention, and getting all the love. She may be excited to have a baby brother or sister, but she had no idea what that entailed. 

JJ sat up and rubbed his girlfriend's lower back, "She'll be fine, baby. You're worrying over nothin'."

Avie rolled her eyes, "What time did you tell Daylon we were picking her up?"

JJ shrugged and stood up off the couch, "Didn't tell him a time. Just said we'd pick her up later."

Avie stood, "JJ! We dropped her off hours ago."

"He offered to spend the day with her!"

"Okay, but you can't just expect other people to take care of our kid all day." She began sliding her flip flops on in preparation to pick up River from her uncle's. Daylon had not seen much of his niece lately since he may or may not have been dabbling into some old habits. But he knew he needed to get back on track and River was the one thing holding him together. Plus, he knew the police were onto him about his selling and he was scared he would have to ask Avie for help.

JJ shrugged as he pulled a hoodie over his head, "I'm sure Riv's happy."

Avie rolled her eyes again and grabbed her keys, "Let's go, J."