30. love

Um just out of curiosity... how old are y'all?

****

Avie came back to her apartment emotionally exhausted. She was sick of dealing with the nonsense that came from Daylon and Kie. It was no longer worth her energy. She did not consider them a loss.

She came home to find River taking a nap on the couch. She slept soundly in what seemed to be a t-shirt much too large for her. Probably JJ's. The shirt nearly swallowed her tiny body.

Avie smiled softly at the sight, happy to feel some peace in her heart after dealing with betrayal and lies. She approached River and placed a gentle kiss on her cheek, making her shift in her sleep before sighing out.

Avie then noticed the cot that was outside of the bedroom where it normally was. It was set up near the couch, Skye sleeping peacefully inside of it. She grinned to herself again when she saw her sweet boy resting comfortably.

She walked into the bedroom, leaving the light off and allowing the afternoon sunlight to peek through the windows.

She tossed her bag to the side then looked to the bed, seeing JJ passed out on his stomach and his feet hanging off the bed. He wore no shirt, his head was turned to the side and his mouth was parted.

Avie laughed lightly to herself as she approached the bed and sat next to him. He was definitely drooling. She gently stroked his hair then pressed her lips to his cheek.

JJ's body jolted slightly as he lifted his head. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked around, his eyes squinting from clear tiredness.

"Oh," He looked at Avie then sat himself up, wiping the drool from the corner of his mouth.

She smiled at him, "Hi."

"Sorry." He ran his hands through his hair before freezing and looking at her with wide eyes, "Where are the-"

"They're sleeping, JJ." She told him nicely and rubbed his arm, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," He sighed of relief, "Skye wouldn't stop cryin', Riv had a meltdown and cried herself to sleep on the couch, I showered, then I passed out." He looked at her again, "Now we're here."

Avie wrapped her hands around his bicep and brought her head to his shoulder.

"What's this?" He asked curiously, not expecting her to be so touchy. They had formed a new bond, better and realer than before, but she was still sometimes hesitant and JJ respected her space to keep them going strong. This took him off guard.

Avie closed her eyes, "I'm just thankful we have each other." She was relieved to come home to JJ after dealing with Kie and Daylon, that much was true. Sure, seeing her parents may have helped but she was realizing the one person she felt the most at ease with was the one right beside her.

He made her feel safe and cared for throughout this entire situation. She spent so much time resenting him that she forgot how supportive he had always truly been to her.

And this moment, seeing JJ's face when she didn't feel okay, made her feel like it would be. She had him and he had her. They faced one of the worst possible outcomes for their relationship and they somehow overcame it.

JJ was her reminder that she would get through anything now, especially having her other half again.

JJ's lips curled up slightly as he leaned his head on top of hers, "You'll always have me, baby."

Avie nodded and turned her head to kiss his shoulder.

"How were your parents?" He asked.

"Um," she started, not wanting to get into detail about what she encountered instead of her parents, "they were good." She did not want to lie to him but she did not have any energy left to pay the two that drained her.