35. hot tub

More cringe <3

Also kinda boring :/

****

"How was your shower?"

JJ jumped at the sound of Avie's voice coming from the door frame of their bedroom.

River giggled at his reaction as he got her dressed into day clothes.

He glanced at her with a small, embarrassed grin, "It was good."

"I showered, too, Mommy!" River smiled and pulled her head through the hole of her t-shirt. It was another surf shop t-shirt that JJ had bought her when she was a baby, only fitting in it years later.

"I see!" Avie pretended to be excited.

"Where is baby Skye?" River ran to her mother the moment she was finished getting dressed.

"He's in his cot playing with his toys." She glanced over to the cot at the end of the bed.

JJ couldn't help the smile on his face as he made his way over to the cot, leaning over and seeing his son on his tummy as he fumbled a small baby toy in his hands. He was too into his toy to even realize his father standing over him.

"I wanna see!" River climbed the bed quickly and crawled over to the end to lean over the cot.

"Come." Avie held her arms out to River. She was quick to let Avie lift her up and set her on her hip as she stared at Skye.

He giggled to himself happily as he played.

"Das the toy that Uncle Day got him." River spoke sweetly. They had not told her much about what was happening with her uncle. They had mentioned that he was mean and not a nice person but there was only so much she understood. Avie did not want to upset her but JJ would argue that he was more than happy to inform River that Uncle Day had to be locked up because he hurt Aunt Kie.

"Yeah," Avie looked down with her eyes as she was reminded of the events she faced yesterday. It stung. She was relieved he would no longer cause their family trouble and not be able to harm Kiara again, but she remembered the brother she knew he could be. That's what hurt. He was not supposed to end up this way but it was far too late now.

"Hey," JJ patted her lower back as he threw a shirt on, "it's gonna be alright." He knew it would be. His family was together again and that's what was most important.

But he forgot that Avie had a family before theirs. She had her first family; her mother, father, and brothers.

JJ, River, and Skye were part of the family she created.

JJ did not have a family other than the pogues before creating this one. He'd often forget that Avie cared about them just as much as she cared for this one; that this one was not the only one that existed to her.

Avie nodded as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Hey," He tilted his head, "I didn't mean to make you upset, baby."

She shook her head and turned to JJ before shoving her face into his chest.

River looked at JJ with confusion on her face.

He rubbed his girlfriend's back, "I told you it's gonna be alright, Avie. I promise. You got us! You got me, Rivvy, Skye. You got Ashton, your parents and all the freakin' pogues, baby!"

"And me!" River shouted as she shook on her mother's hip.

"I said that." JJ stated.

"Oh."

Avie pulled away and sniffled, "I'm just worried he's not gonna be okay."

"He's a criminal."

"He's my brother."