50. knee

Last chapter my friends <3 I hope you love it as much as I loved writing it. I will be writing an epilogue for Wednesday's update but wanted the final chapter up for the weekend. I will also be writing an author's note that I would greatly appreciate if you guys read next week. Love you all. Enjoy :)

****

JJ's entire body was shaking with anticipation as he entered the apartment, eager to tell his girlfriend that they were about to purchase an entire house. He was still in disbelief. After receiving the text saying that his offer was accepted, he called the number immediately and spoke to the agent assisting him in this process. It really was true. His down payment would be processed any day now.

JJ held Skye on his hip, laying his head full of blonde, fuzzy hair on JJ's shoulder. Skye's eyes were heavy as he blinked, trying to keep them open but sleep was beginning to take over.

JJ closed the door quietly behind him as he noticed Skye falling asleep in his arms. He tossed his bag of baby things aside and noticed River. River noticed JJ.

"Dada!" River jumped off the couch and ran to JJ, clearly not tired from her day with Avie. River slammed into JJ's legs to hug him, making him stumble slightly but he caught himself on the chair near the table.

Avie smiled at her daughter's reaction as she got herself off the couch and walked over to them.

JJ chuckled, "Shh, Riv. Skye's fallin' asleep." He looked at Avie and smiled nervously, not even knowing how to tell her the information he was holding inside.

"Hi, J." Avie spoke with a smile and stood on her tippy toes, perking her lips to his.

"Hi," He whispered and pecked her lips.

"How was your day?" Avie asked and looked at Skye, stroking his hair gently. Skye stirred as his lip twitched a small smile in his light slumber. He sighed out and rested further into JJ's chest.

"It uh, was good." JJ let out a heavy breath, "Yeah, it was good."

Avie giggled with knitted eyebrows, "That's it?"

"Lemme put him down, Aves." JJ stepped around Avie and walked towards their bedroom, needing to put his son down in order to compose himself for this conversation. It was a good thing! It was a really good fucking thing. He was not sure why he was so nervous. Maybe because this was it. No more little apartment. This was serious.  Avie was going to be over the moon but he wanted to remember her reaction forever. He wanted to ensure he told her in the perfect way.

"Okay." Avie watched him then turned to River, "Is he being weird?"

River glanced at her father who disappeared into the bedroom then looked up at her mother. She shrugged, "He's always weird."

"Yeah, you're right." Avie relaxed a bit then walked around the kitchen table and opened the fridge.

"Mommy, we can make cookies tonight." River suggested.

"Oh we can, can we?" Avie raised her eyebrows as she grabbed a water bottle.

"Mhm."

"You didn't have enough sugar today?" Avie asked thinking about all the treats they had throughout the day. She could not say no to her baby girl. Avie was not strict but she sure as hell did not give in as much as JJ did. But on a day like today, their girls day, Avie found herself saying yes to every single treat that River asked nicely for. Now she understood why JJ gave into her so often. River was polite and asked with such kindness. She was sweet and sincere, acting so innocent only to get what she wanted. Or she was just really good at manipulating her parents.