XXXII

Giovanni

"AND IT IS BECAUSE OF THOSE FEELINGS THAT I KNOW I can't be selfish with you because I am not the only who feels that way about you. So I'm begging you, think before you doing anything like that, because next time I don't think I'll be able to control myself"

I warn her intensively struggling to control myself as is while being so close to her and looking into her dark-brown eyes. Underneath the moonlight, with distance being the only thing stopping us from giving in.

She looks at me with that same touch-deprived look she always gives me, and before I could give her the chance to say anymore I choose to walk away for the both of us. My heart pounds as I felt a throbbing sensation coming from my manly-hood.

I was greedy for it.

For her.

It was a unhealthy obsession I had for her, an obsession that was strong enough to control any rational thoughts I could've thought of.

I stop in my footsteps trying to control both my breathing and thoughts, questioning whether what I said to her just know was just a good idea.

"I called it."

The sudden voice from a distance states causing me to see Alvaro emerging from the darkness, and I immediately roll my eyes.

"How long were you standing there?" I ask him in annoyance before I proceed to walk pass him.

"Long enough to know that you regret saying what you just said to her. The expression on your face tells me you want to take it back...." He trails off causing me to stop and turn and face him.

"You were eavesdropping?"

"This is my house, remember? So, technically I can listen in to any conversation I find interesting." He explains causing me to let out a hysterical laugh.

"What are you a kid?" I ask him seriously.

"You know what else I find interesting? I think it's weird you act like your this selfish, tough and ill-tempered man when in reality, you're not as selfish as you make yourself out to be." He tells me.

"and what is that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly what I said. Anyone with eyes could obviously see that you two got something going on, and despite that you still take your brothers feelings into consideration even if that means ignoring your own."

He was reading me like a children's book. I laugh his statement off, "I have no idea what you're talking about...." I trail off.

"I'm talking about you and your brothers being in love with the same girl, and instead of her feeling the same about Lorenzo and Oliver, she happens to only want you...." He states and I look at him seriously.

"enough, okay."

"What? I'm just saying I think it's honorable. I don't think I could do that and I'm surprised you are knowing how possessive you usually are which means she changed you." He admits.

"Changed me?"

"Yeah. You're not as controlling or aggressive as before, you're patient and calm, and I think it's because for the first time in years, you finally have a reason to want to live. Not because of your family's legacy or for your brothers, but because when you look at her, everything that seemed to matter, doesn't." He states.

"and you know this because....." I trail off. Since when was he the expert in anything that had to do with having feelings with someone. His idea of a perfect date is meeting a stranger at bar and hooking up with them in the bathroom or alley behind the bar.