II

Sicily, Italy The Romano Brothers Residence

Sicily, Italy
The Romano Brothers Residence

-

Ryan

I WOKE UP FEELING BOTH MY HEART AND HEAD POUND, it felt like I was having a hangover. I held my up slowly sitting up, with my eyes closed to shut out the bright sun that was going to end up making my headache worse if my opened them.

I reached out for my nightstand, touching around for my phone when I realize I couldn't be in my room. I quickly open my eyes to find myself in a different bed, as well as a different room.

There was no sun light either, the room was cold and dark. The room was big and only had a few furniture pieces in it, I breathed heavily looking around in confusing, remembering the events that led up to this moment.

Fear grips my heart and my world comes crashing down all over again when I come to the realization I was kidnapped. I looked down quickly realizing I still had the same dirty and bloody clothes on from yesterday, allowing me to let out a sigh in relief as scary thoughts disappeared.

I rose to my feet immediately feeling dizzy, my throat felt dry and I felt weak, I read about something like this in class. It must've been a reaction to whatever those men drugged me with.

I breathed heavily looking around the large antic looking room before rushing to the dark curtains of the large window.

I looked out to nothing but green land, and it looked like miles of it. I looked down to see how far I was from the ground, and realized I had to be on the second story, if I jumped out it was possible that I'd either fracture my foot. Despite the opinions I had, I rather take the chance of getting a fracture and walking out of here alive, rather leaving this room through the door and being able to leave at all.

I yanked the blinds up before reaching the lock on the window, unlocking it causing to me slightly smile, I lift the window pushing it up, before preparing myself to get out and jump. I placed one leg out of the edge, before looking out and then looking down.

I struggled to remain calm, feeling my heart pound, I inhaled and exhaled deeply trying to tell myself that everything would be okay. I had to be, no... I was going to be.

I then exit the room, sitting on the edge of the window, holding the wall tightly. I bit my lip nervously, as my thoughts told me to stop being such a pussy and just jump.

Ignoring the thoughts telling me to go back inside, I jumped down managing to fall on the grass part of the yard, instead of the ground, surprising myself for not breaking a bone or something.