XIV

Ryan

TEARS FELL AS THE DARK SKY BEGAN TO CLOUD, rain drops slowly began to fall as sirens echoed in the background, the shadows of the ones who left me to die left with them as they turned the corner. I tried to scream for help, but it was as if I had no voice, no way of asking someone, anyone to help me.

The pain I felt was unlike anything I've ever felt, no bandage or ice pack could help me out of this one. I was weak, my body felt cold, and I no longer thought about what the future for be like.

This was it for me.

No more graduation or going to college with my friends, no more prom, no more high school reunions, no more getting my first car or first apartment, no more anything.

Footsteps had approached the opposite direction causing to strain myself, hoping that maybe the men who left me to die changed their mind, and hadn't left me to die. I struggled to stay awake, as my eyes shut feeling too heavy for me to keep open as I laid there in my own blood that poured out of me.

"Shit. i..it's a kid." A voice states and my eyes slightly open noticing figures standing in front of me. The footsteps approach me as the rain begins to pour down heavily, I struggle to breathe as one stares at me.

"No shit. Also, you fucking missed..."

"No, I didn't. I didn't know she would jump in to save him. Who is she anyway."

"No clue, what I do know is the brothers wouldn't have gotten a civilian involved"

"but after today, she is..."

"w-what do we do?"

"We gotta take her to the hospital..."

"No way man, if the cops catch on to anything we are doing, will be deported...."

"Are you fucking insane? We can't leave her here to die, she's just a kid."

"Yeah, who you shot!"

"I know.... and that's why we must help her"

"Fine. You take her to the car. I guess... I'll tell the others we'll be late"

The faceless figure lifts me off the ground as I blink faintly lying weakly in his hold, my head laid against his chest fighting my demons noticing the tattoo that was wrapped around his neck to his chest which was visible due to his shirt being half-way opened.

"Ryan."

My name none of the men knew was now being said out of the man who walked with us mouth, causing me to look up at him, realizing it was Rapheal.

His head turned towards me and the one carrying me stopped moving.

"Don't worry, you'll meet him soon." His distorted voice echos and I suddenly see a grin on his face that results in my being unable to breathe.

Instead of feeling the pain from the bullet inside of me, I felt like I was choking. It was like I no longer could breathe, the wanting to wasn't the hard part, the not knowing how to was.

"HEY!"
"HEY"
"RYAN!"
"RYAN! COME ON!"

My eyes shot open as I choked up water gasping for air, sitting up with the help of Lorenzo, while holding my chest trying to catch my breath. He pats my back as I finish hacking up water, I reach up to my neck, holding my throat as I struggled to breathe, as my eyes search the ground in front of me.

I breathe heavily, struggling to grasp reality before looking to the deep pool before looking back to Giovanni who stood at a distance trying to catch his breath as well.