Chapter 67

It was only a few days later when the third and last part of Taehyung's plan started in action. Yejin coordinated to have a hairstylist she trusted fix Clara's hair. She would work in a private room in the back of the salon to keep Clara from prying eyes, and Yejin and her mother would both accompany her for moral support.

Clara decided that cutting off much more of her hair right away to even things out would only add to the trauma. So for the time being she was going for a bit more of a rock and roll vibe, with the side of her hair shaved more evenly on one side and long on the other. As her hair began to grow out she'd eventually get extensions and over time start to trim everything back until it was all her own hair again. Clara's hair was quite long, so she knew it might be quite a while before she got it back where she wanted.

The hair stylist also gave her temporary blond tips. The dye would wash out in a few weeks but it would fully embrace the punk look in the meantime. Clara was really pampered at the salon. They were extra careful washing her head skipping the customary head massage, but she loved the smell of the shampoo they used anyway.

By the time they were finished Clara had a huge grin. It wasn't really anything she would normally choose, but it looked fun and she couldn't wait to show Taehyung. Yejin snuck a small package into her hands as they left the store, "I know you liked the shampoo, it really is the best, so I got you some for home too."

Clara's mother had to leave her appointment a bit early, but Clara felt comfortable with Yejin so she agreed that just the two of them could travel back home together. But as they hopped in the car to leave Yejin asked the driver to go to the dorms instead. "Hobi just sent a note asking me to drop you there instead. Apparently Taehyung is at the dorms picking up more clothes, so if we go there you can ride home together."

"Oh, ok." Clara was a bit anxious that she might run into the other members and they might look at her in horror, but she also knew they were probably busy so the risk of that was relatively low.

As they arrived Namjoon jogged out to meet them. Namjoon had seen Clara the first day after her accident, and they had talked or texted daily since then, but he hadn't seen the scar up close since then.

"Hey Clara, Taehyung has a surprise for you so he asked me to come and get you. And wow, I love your hair, Taehyung is going to love it too, trust me." With no mention of her injury he helped to escort her inside, hand on her lower back in case she needed any support with her balance.

It only took about a minute to discover Taehyung's surprise. His hair was now dyed blond to match her tips. She really did love his dark chocolate brown hair the best, but as she looked at him the blond looked gorgeous with his skin tone and his eyes. She was a bit mesmerized looking at him and seemed to lose track of everyone around her.

Taehyung came up close to her and grabbed her around the waist pulling her close. "Do you like it?" He whispered in her ear.

Clara could only squeak and nod in response.

"I like yours too. You always look good, but I think it might be fun to see if you have a bit more of a rock and roll side to you." He growled in her ear.

Clara flushed and hid her face in his chest. There were still other people around!

Taehyung then became more casual, "The guys ordered chicken for dinner and asked if we would stay. Does that sound good? Jimin has been complaining that he constantly has to listen to me talk about how beautiful your growing belly is but he hasn't seen it himself."

Clara was feeling nervous but she remembered how well things went when Hobi had first visited. And Namjoon and Taehyung would be there, and Yejin too. All of the guys were so nice, she really should give it a chance. So while she was still a bit anxious, she nodded her head in agreement and held Taehyung's hand tight as they made their way further into the apartment. Almost right away they could smell the fried chicken and Taehyung heard Clara's tummy rumble.