Chapter 28

It was almost a full week later and they hadn't even started their homework assignment. As usual Taehyung was incredibly busy, including starting filming on a new show. And during the times he was home with Clara he was increasingly having trouble keeping his hands to himself.

Oh but he was nearly certain that Clara really didn't mind. In fact, Taehyung was starting to think that she was trying to tempt him to go further. She had started wearing tighter tank tops and shorter, fitted shorts to bed. And one night when he came home he found her sound asleep in his t-shirt and boxers with most of her midriff on clear display. He was increasingly certain that she was definitely a vixen under that sweet facade.

Taehyung had returned to sleeping without a shirt, so each night they were experiencing much more skin on skin contact. If Taehyung had his way he'd dispose of all of the clothes left between them, but the few times his hands had roamed into more intimate territory, he felt Clara stiffen and begin to pull away. Still Taehyung wasn't too worried or disappointed. Even restraining himself, he was still left with plenty of her beautiful creamy skin that he could tease and consume with his mouth, hands, and body.

After one particularly steamy make out session, Clara pulled away from Taehyung and reminded him "you know, we still have to do our homework. And trust me, I'm not going to be the one to tell my parents that we didn't do it because you were too busy pinning me to the bed."

Mention of pinning her to the bed had Taehyung's mind immediately wandering, but with a quick peck on his cheek, and a shuffle to the side to give herself more space, Taehyung was brought back to the present.

Situating himself comfortably, Taehyung agreed, "You're right, we really should do this. How shall we start? Should one person share one thing and then we will trade for the other person to share something important to them?"

"Sure that sounds good" Clara affirmed, "do you want to go first?"

With a nod, Taehyung started, "Ok, well I know this should come as no surprise, but I want to have children. Definitely at least two. And while I want to know how you feel first, I'd be glad to have a large family, maybe up to five or six?"

Clara nodded, she expected this one was coming. "I'd also be glad to have children together, but I think I'd want to decide as we go how many we will have. It is hard to know what life will be like, so let's leave our possibilities open."

Taehyung was a bit surprised when Clara continued, "And, while I also want to have children, I want to be able to keep my career. I worked really hard for my education, and it feels good to have a challenging job and to be able to earn my own money. So I want to be open to having a nanny that helps us with any children."

Taehyung paused to consider this. It wasn't what he personally would choose. One of the things he loves about Clara is how nurturing and caring she is. And he wanted his children to experience that as much as possible. But he understood Clara's perspective too. She was going to naturally end up sacrificing a lot for him, and who knows, she might end up changing her mind anyway.

"I understand how you feel and I'm open to supporting that request. But I want to get started quickly on creating a family. Not only because I think we will both enjoy the process" at this Taehyung gave a suggestive wink, "but because we'll need to begin right away if we want to have time to grow a larger family. I don't want to use birth control, I'm ready if you are, and I'd like to let things progress naturally."

Clara paused to consider. She knew Taehyung was right that they didn't have unlimited time. And she really did want children together. "I'd like a little bit of time to think about this please. I understand where you are coming from, but this is a big thing and I need some time to consider potentially having children so soon."

With a smirk Taehyung reached out to pull Clara back to the middle of the bed. "Well, we finished one topic, I think you deserve a reward". And with that he rolled her over and began kissing her in earnest, relieved that they had such a successful conversation on the first issue.

---------

It was several days later when Taehyung brought back up their homework, recognizing that they were quickly running out of time before they had to report back to Clara's parents.

He was sitting on his bed scrolling through social media while Clara was finishing up a work project at his desk. As she closed her computer he invited her to come and straddle his lap for the next part of the conversation.

"Our conversation a few nights ago was good, but I know there is more to talk about. Why don't you go first this time?"

Clara took some time to consider how to phrase what she wanted to say. "Well, I want to make sure we find a way to be partners in our relationship. I know that we will have to work around your career and everything that comes with it, but I want to be consulted and to make decisions together as much as possible. I'm afraid that it would be easy for us to fall into a dynamic where I become V's wife where you have all of the power in making decisions. But I don't want that. I really want Taehyung as my partner. Just because I am quiet and I don't fully understand your world doesn't mean that I don't have legitimate opinions and concerns."

After a pause Clara quickly added on, "I'm sorry, maybe that came across as too aggressive, I didn't mean to offend you. I really do think you try to do this now, but I just want to make sure that doesn't change."

Taehyung was prepared to cut Clara off. "Sweetheart, it's ok. Nothing you said upset me. I love to hear your opinions. You can always feel free to tell me how you feel."

Taehyung continued, "I think I know what you are saying, and I agree completely. But in exchange I have two requests. First, you need to be open to telling me how you really feel. I know that sometimes you hold back but you need to stop worrying about upsetting me. I'll never be upset to hear what is going on in your mind."

"And second, there may be some times, particularly when it comes to my career and how the public views me and those around me, that I will know better than you. And in an effort to protect you I'll ask you to respect my decision, even if you don't like it. I promise you now that I'll try to avoid doing this as much as I can, and I'll always try to explain my decisions the best I can. And if you still disagree we can go to Namjoon or your parents and ask their opinion to help guide us to the best outcome. But if you don't promise me this, I think I'll spend all of my time worrying about how to protect you and keep you and our children safe. And I don't think I can handle that kind of stress."

Clara nodded in agreement, "Ok, I can accept that. But please always try to explain it to me so I can feel like I still have some agency over my life."

"I promise Clara. I will do everything to keep you safe and happy."

After a pause Clara finally had the courage to say the last thing on her mind, although she didn't yet have the courage to look Taehyung in the eye as she spoke. "Please promise me that you will never cheat on me. I trust you, but I know how many beautiful girls throw themselves at you. And I know you'll be traveling a lot and might get lonely. Unless you are prepared to make this promise and keep it forever I don't think I'm ready to even consider having children. If I found out you were with someone else I don't even know what I would do."

"Never. Clara, this promise is easy to make. I will never, ever cheat on you. That is an absolute solid guarantee. But you should know this in exchange. I do show and feel love through touch, and I expect that we will be very active and engaged in physical intimacy. It will always be on both of our terms, but I need you to understand that as soon as you give me the ok I'm going to be coming after you all the time. I want to explore everything together, thoroughly and often."

With an overwhelming blush Clara hid her face in Taehyung's chest.

Taehyung rubbed her back gently as he continued, "I promise to respect your needs and opinions, but I also want to take the time to figure out what really works for us. At least to start I can take the lead if that would work best, but I want you to trust me to take care of you. Can you do that?"

Clara nodded into his chest but still refused to look up to see Taehyung's face. "My sweet shy baby girl. I love you so much. I promise we are going to have a perfect and beautiful life together."