Chapter 65

While Clara was at the doctor Taehyung was trying to figure things out at the company. First he wanted to understand how they had called all of the local hospitals but had missed finding Clara. The company assured him that they had called the hospital she was at and were told nobody was there that matched her description. When they called the hospital back to learn how she had been missed they refused to say anything else, which the company took as a sign that they knew they had made a mistake.

Taehyung sighed in frustration. It felt like it was just a series of small problems which led to such a bad situation. The only thing he knew for sure was that he could never let something like this happen again. But there really was no easy fix.

He was eating a quick snack with Yoongi while he shared his frustration. Taehyung believed he only had two options. He could just assume it was terrible bad luck and just hope it wouldn't happen again. Or he could really fix the issue so he could make sure it would never happen again. "Truth be told, I'm leaning toward that option. I promised Clara I'd protect her and keep her safe and I think the only way to really do that is to break my contract and leave the band."

Even a few years ago Yoongi would have panicked at Taehyung's words, but by now he knew him better. "Taehyung, you really only pick the most extreme options, either ignoring the issue or doing something drastic. You aren't going to quit the band. Being here and having the weight of the company behind you is the best way to protect Clara. I really think you need to just discuss this with her directly. I know she doesn't fully understand how our world works, but I also know you promised her that she would be your partner in big decisions. Don't back out on that now. And you should talk to her with Joon's parents. They have been really helping in keeping your relationship on track even when it's been difficult. I think you might find their perspective really helpful."

"In the meantime give Clara some time to recover before you talk to her about it. Based on what you've described I seriously doubt she's going anywhere alone anytime soon, so you probably have a few days at least."

"Yeah, I'll do that. Thanks Hyung. I appreciate your advice."

"You'll figure it out Taehyung-ah. I know you will because you have Clara, your two little boys, and all of us on your side."

After a quick pat on Taehyung's back Yoongi bounced up. "Let's get back to practice. The sooner we're done, the sooner you can get back to Clara and I can take a nap."

————————-

Taehyung was almost vibrating in his desire to get out the door by the end of the day. He was constantly tapping his foot in his last meeting, and several times Jimin had to gently lay a hand on him to stop his incessant fiddling which was becoming a distraction. Everyone had heard the big news that they were having boys and knew Taehyung wanted to get home to check on and celebrate with Clara, but first they really did need his attention to get through the wrapped up for the day.

As the meeting was still being adjourned Taehyung was already jumping up and throwing on his jacket to dash out the door. "Bye everyone!" they heard his shout echoing down the hallway. Jungkook had already handed Tahyung a bag full of his clothes that he had collected from the dorm, so Taehyung had everything he needed to go directly to see Clara.

It took about 25 minutes to get to the apartment, and while he had been given a token to get him past security he still needed to knock on the apartment door and wait for someone to answer. This time Mr. Kim let him in, quickly patting him on the back and congratulating him on his coming sons. Taehyung responded with a huge smile of appreciation while he slipped off his feet to find his growing family.

But he didn't need to go far. He could hear quiet bare feet pitter pattering toward him and immediately recognize the sound as Clara. First he saw her just peeking around the corner with a small smile on her face. "Well come here!" Taehyung laughed with his arms wide open. Clara rounded the corner and fell into his arms which he very gently wrapped around her, careful to avoid any injured areas in the process. He noticed she was starting to waddle a bit as her belly continued to grow and change her balance and he found it beyond adorable.

With her head tucked under his chin, Taehyung could barely hear Clara, "I missed you".

"I missed you to sweetheart."

"No, I miss you." Clara clarified.

Oh, that was a bit different wasn't it.

"I miss you too, baby girl. Give me just a few minutes to get settled and then I'll give you my undivided attention. Did you have dinner already?"

He could feel Clara nodding yes into his chest. Steering them both further into the apartment Taehyung said good evening to Mrs. Kim and told the parents that Clara was tired so they were going to spend some quiet time together in their room. Clara began to blush a deep shade of red, and while her parents were gracious enough to not mention it, she was pretty sure they knew what was going to happen next.

Before long they were in the room with the door closed tight behind them but Clara was hanging back a bit. "I'm kind of nervous, I miss you but I am still quite tender."

"Don't worry my love, I'll be extra careful tonight. And if at any time it isn't working, you just tell me right away and I'll fix it."

"Ok" Clara said, looking at the floor instead of Taehyung directly. He did sometimes wonder if she would ever get over her shyness with him, but when he thought about it he really didn't mind. It was just a reminder to him of how much he wanted to care for and protect the sweet girl.

"Why don't we start by brushing our teeth and washing up a bit first. I know they must have put that gel on your belly earlier today so I'll wash that off with soap while we're at it."

After brushing their teeth in the adjoined bathroom Taehyung helped Clara hop up onto the counter and carefully removed her shirt so her growing belly was on display. First he lightly wet the bump with a wet washcloth, then with his hands covered with bubbles of soap he gently caressed all over the mound. While he was rubbing her clean, he leaned in closer to capture her lips with his, drawing her into a slow, languid kiss. Clara's hands ran through his hair and then connected down at the base of his neck, ensuring he couldn't pull away.

Eventually Taehyung did lean back to wet the washcloth with warm water again so he could remove the soap bubbles. After wiping off the soap with the fluffy cloth, he helped Clara back down off the counter and into the bedroom, pulling his own shirt off along the way.

Taehyung was ready to fully emerge Clara in his love, running his hands and lips over every uninjured part of her body. He showed particular attention to her lush breasts which were growing with her pregnancy and offered two delicious handfuls for him to massage, nibble, and then soothe with his tongue.

Taehyung loved to tease Clara. Seeing her cute pout, furrowed eyebrows, and hearing her small whines and squeals amused him to no end and always had him fully turned on. He couldn't imagine ever tiring of discovering new ways to arouse her. She truly had become his muse and his purpose in life.

But tonight was really about Clara. He could see that the light had returned to her eyes, but the tiredness remained. He didn't want to frustrate her, or have her grow so tired that she wasn't able to enjoy their time together. So he carefully balanced his time spent on foreplay before he sunk deep inside her, both of them breaking into large smiles as they reconnected.

Taehyung was glad to see Clara bouncing back so quickly from her terrible experience, but knew there was still work to be done. But for tonight he'd just hold her tight and hope that this was the last of the crisis they would confront. He was ready to start a more peaceful time of their life together.