Chapter 45

About an hour later Clara woke up and Namjoon was right next to her as promised. "Hey Clara, how are you feeling?"

"Oh, um, kind of tired. What are you doing here?"

"Clara sweetheart, you called me because you weren't feeling well. Do you remember?"

"No I don't. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you. I know you must be busy today. I must have kept you too long already. I'm sure I'll be fine and you can go if you need to."

"Clara" Namjoon said a little more sternly than he wanted. "You are not just fine. We found you on the bathroom floor, barely coherent and seriously dehydrated. If you hadn't called me when you did it would have become very dangerous. You scared me today clara. And I don't want that to happen again."

"I'm sorry," Clara whispered again. "I didn't mean to upset you."

"No, look, you really aren't getting what I'm saying. I need you to listen very carefully to me right now, can you do that?"

After Clara nodded he continued, "I'm not upset that you called me. Or interrupted my day. I am very glad you did. What I'm upset about is you waited so long to call me. And that you think my work schedule is more important than your health. I know you constantly are looking out for others. And that is wonderful. But that can't happen at the risk of your health. Clara, if you didn't call when you did, who knows how long it would have taken someone to find you. You could have died. How could that possibly be more important than anything else I might have been doing today?"

Clara looked at him with wide eyes. He'd never really been stern with her like this and she felt embarrassed that she never could really get things right and had once again caused a problem.

"I'm sorry" she whispered again, no longer able to look at Namjoon as her eyes filled with tears.

Namjoon wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. "Come here. It's ok. Everything will be ok now. But really, I'm begging you, if you aren't feeling well please let me know, especially if Taehyung isn't around. Even if it isn't serious I can check in on you so if it becomes more serious we can take care of it quickly. Can you promise me you will do that?"

"I promise" Clara whispered into his chest as she continued to feel the tears streaming down her face.

"Ok good. Now we need to talk about what happened. Can you tell me how you got to be like this please?"

Clara was too tired to share anything but the highlights. How it started a few days ago, she was feeling sick all the time. And how at first she could get down a few bites of cracker and a few sips of water but over time even that became impossible.

In return Namjoon explained what the doctor said. She was seriously dehydrated but because they got to her when they did she would fully recover. The doctor wanted to keep a very close eye on her while she had at least another two bags of fluids, and then he wanted to see her daily after that until her next OB appointment.

Clara nodded in understanding. "Have you told Taehyung yet?"

Namjoon sighed. He'd tried to reach Taehyung but hadn't gotten through. He knew Taehyung wouldn't have his phone on him while filming, and even if he did get a message to him, it would take some time for him to get back to Seoul.

"Not yet, but I've left him a message and the manager is trying to find someone who can ask him to call back. In the meantime you are stuck with me." At this Namjoon and Clara both offered a weak smile, each glad that they had the other.