Chapter 53

After several more exhausting days of the same, Clara knew that Taehyung would finally be back home. She hadn't talked to him much that week. Mrs. Kim kept her on a relatively rigid schedule and by the time she was allowed to lay down to rest she couldn't bear the idea of picking up the phone, even if it was Taehyung on the other end.

She'd been in the shower when Taehyung arrived, several hours earlier than expected. At first she was startled when she opened the door to the bedroom and saw him sitting there, but she immediately ran to him, just wanting to be in his arms. She almost tackled him trying to get as close as possible, and once she had her arms around him she wasn't going to let go.

"Did you miss me little one?" Taehyung laughed.

"Mmm hmm" Clara affirmed, face buried tight into his chest. "I missed you."

"Well I'm here now and I'm done filming. My mom invited us to stay for dinner, does that sound good?"

No, that didn't sound good. Clara just wanted to be with Taehyung and back in the comfort of her own home. "Can we go home, just the two of us? I want to spend some time together. Please?"

Taehyung was surprised. It was very unlike Clara to make a request like this. Normally she'd agreed with whatever he suggested. So he knew she must really want to go. "Ok sweetheart, let's go upstairs. I can stop back down later and get your things. Can I carry you?"

Clara nodded, happy she wouldn't have to be parted from him even an inch. With Clara wrapped around him like a koala, Taehyung went back through the living room to tell his parents that they would be heading back to the other apartment. Mrs. Kim immediately chimed in "But what will you eat for dinner? You should stay. And really you should put Clara down. She can walk and she'll be gaining a lot of weight. You don't want to injure yourself Taehyung-ah."

"I'm fine mom, I'll just order delivery. But if you don't mind, can you hand me the meals Clara has from the company? I want to make sure she has something good to eat."

Grabbing the small insulated bag of food from his mother, Taehyung slipped out the door still holding Clara. She was wrapped around him so tight he began to wonder if she'd ever let go.

Arriving upstairs Taehyung set down her meal container and headed directly to the couch where they could settle in to snuggle for as long as they wanted.

"Hey baby girl, how are you feeling? Are you still doing ok?"

"Mmm" Clara sounded out in agreement. "Just tired. And I missed you." She snuggled in even closer if that was possible.

"We'll sweetheart I brought you something I think you might like."

"Really?" Clara raised her head to look at him. What is that?"

"Me."

Clara tried to glare at Taehyung's joke, but honestly she was so relieved he was home she couldn't think of anything but how happy she was. She felt like he really understood her, and nothing was more safe and comforting than being wrapped in his arms.

"That's a good present. I really like it." Clara murmured in response, nuzzling into his neck.

"So are you excited about the twins? I know I'm excited but I'm also worried about you. It's already a lot of work to be pregnant. It's really important that you take care of yourself. Make sure you are resting a lot, any time you are tired. I know having two babies is a lot and I don't want you to neglect your own needs, ok?"

It was like a dam broke. Clara almost immediately broke into hysterical sobs. She was so so glad to have Taehyung back. It really had been a hard week for her. She was exhausted from not getting enough sleep. And by the end of the week she had started to feel like she had disappeared and all that was left was the children's mother and Taehyung's wife.

Taehyung rocked her gently as he softly shushed her "Baby girl, what's wrong? Hmm? Can you tell me?"

Clara shook her head no and just clutched him closer. Eventually she calmed down enough to talk, "I'm sorry I'm just tired."

Ok sweetheart, let's get you to bed for a nice nap and then afterward we'll eat some dinner"

"Stay with me!" Clara immediately shouted, insisting that she not be left alone. And then more softly added, "Please?"

"Ok, I will. Are you ready to walk or should I carry you?"

"Carry" Clara clutched him closer again.

With a small huff of laughter Taehyung agreed. Grunting as he lifted them both up from the couch he nuzzled into her hair as they went to the soft mattress.

"Ok love, go to sleep. I'll be right here until you fall asleep, then I'll just run downstairs to collect your things and be right back, sound good?"

"Sounds good. I love you."

"I love you too sweetheart, now close your eyes and rest."