Chapter 3 Part 5: The Knowing, and The Keeping

Start from the beginning

"Taguchi, you have to calm down-" Naito began.

"YOU CALM DOWN!!! I'M PERFECTLY FINE!!! I'M AN OUTCAST AND I'M JUST POINTING OUT THE FACTS!!! MAYBE YOU GUYS JUST NEED TO STOP TALKING AND SHUT UP!!!" He yelled. Imamura stood up, and slowly began to approach him.

"It's alright. You're going to be okay-" she began.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!!!" He yelled, slapping her across the face. The whole room filled with a singular gasp, as Taguchi and Imamura stood frozen and unmoving.

Taguchi breaths became faster, as he looked at his hand in fear. Slowly, he backed up towards the door, tears filling his eyes. He fell to the floor, falling onto his back and scrambling to get up. Quickly, he raced from the room, not taking even a glance back.

Imamura didn't move, just frozen in place. A large red mark in the shape of a hand was plaster on her cheek. But her face implied that it didn't hurt. Her eyes were soulless and depressed, with her expression being completely blank. Her body was as stiff as a statue, without any sort of reaction.

"That looks pretty bad. Imamura, would you please follow me to the hospital?" Kajiwara said, standing up and approaching her. She didn't move. She didn't speak. She didn't react. Kajiwara took her by the wrist, Imamura's arm acting as if it was apart of a ragdoll. Kajiwara began moving, with Imamura following behind him, taking slow steps and swaying from side to side.

The room remained silent with no response or movements. The tension hadn't escaped the room when the three of them left. It hung in the air, making its way into each of our minds. Otani took a long sigh, breaking the feeling that had plagued the room.

"This is going to take more work than I thought..." Otani said. There was silence for another moment.

"What... do you mean?" Kawata asked. Otani looked over at Kawata for a moment.

"Huh?" Otani said. Suddenly, a look of understanding came over him. "Oh, that's what you're asking." Suddenly, a bright smile came over his face, as he put his arms out, as if he was going to pull the entire room of people into one big bear hug. "I'm repairing our group!"

"What do you mean?" Miyazaki asked.

"We've all been pretty tense, especially after the last class trial. And the motive isn't helping that. If I don't do anything, everyone is going to split apart again. That's why, I have to make sure that this group doesn't split apart." He said, a bright smile on his face.

"Ugh..." Yamazaki groaned, standing up and walking towards the exit.

"Oop! Angsty teenager coming though!" Sugai teased, nearly getting a reaction out of Yamazaki, but was quickly ignored. He walked out of the door, not even taking a glance back at us. Sugai chuckled to himself, with no one to smack him on the head to stop his chaos.

"Hey, Otani, I have a question." Kawata began. Otani smiled and nodded. "How were you able to get to Taguchi so easily?" Otani suddenly frowned, thinking to himself for a moment.

"I don't feel comfortable answering that question at the moment. But maybe I will tell you later on." Otani said, returning to his bright smile.

"Okay, that's fine." Kawata replied. "How about we continue our discussion from a couple days back?"

"Y- yeah... I'm... okay... with that." Arima responded.

"Okay, so who wants to begin?" Kawata asked. I paused for a moment.

"L- let me go grab something!" I said, before racing out of the room. Quickly, I entered my room, grabbing the file off of my desk and racing back out. I stepped back into the room, panting as I walked back to the table and placed the file down on the table. Kawata paused, taking the file and stared at it for a moment, with his eyes going wide.