Faster Than A Speeding Bullet

Depuis le début

"That would be your heat vision" Clark replied as he put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her. "I'll get Batman working on a pair of these glasses more suited to you and some contacts for you to use until you can control this" he glanced at the mirror. "Oh. And we'll get you a new one of these"

"Right" Kara nodded, not sounding very reassured. Batman didn't like her much and she didn't really like him either. "I'll never get used to these powers"

"I know it feels that way but you will. You've already gotten pretty good at flying right?" Kara sighed but knew he was right so she nodded. "Give it long enough and I'm sure you'll surpass me"

Kara smiled lightly and nodded. "Thanks Kal"

Clark nodded before glancing out the window. "Want to go scope out the town?" Kara quickly nodded as she began floating due to her excitement. "Alright, let's go" Clark quickly openers Kara's window and she quickly flew out of it.

Soon enough Clark was outside as well and flew up to reach Kara. "I'll race you!" Kara quickly called before speeding off in the direction of the town Clark had lead her over on the way here.

"Oh it's on" Clark smirked before quickly zooming after Kara and quickly getting ahead of her.

Kara glared at her cousin before pushing herself to speed up, she got closer but didn't reach Clark before they found themselves floating above the town. "It's very small" Kara frowned as she looked it over.

"Well it's called Smallville for a reason" Clark shrugged as he looked down at the town. "It'll feel bigger once you're down there for yourself"

"Yeah, yeah" Kara rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms. "So when do I start school?" Clark was about to ask when Kara spoke again. "I heard you talking about it with Bruce. I don't need school Kal! I learned everything I could need back on Krypton"

Clark shook his head. "You learned everything about Krypton. But that won't always be enough on earth, you need to know this planets history, their limitations when it comes to math and science, politics, stuff of that nature. We can't go and accidentally teach them something that they shouldn't know for another hundred years. It is forbidden for us to interfere with human history... although there's some leeway with that rule"

"But I want robots!" Kara complained as she thought back to her life on Krypton. "I mean seriously, who works Ma and Pa's farm?"

"They do" Clark replied causing Kara to give an unbelieving look. "And I do. And I'd appreciate it if you helped as well"

"But it would be so much easier with a Kelex or two around" Kara spoke causing Clark to just shake his head.

"It would, but easiness isn't always the point" Clark replied as he looked back down at the people. "You'll understand, one day, after you've been here for a while"

"Yeah, right" Kara looked back down as well and noticed that someone seemed to have taken notice of them. She was waving at them. "Do you know her?"

"I know everyone in the town" Clark nodded before then noticing who Kara spotted and waving back, although the woman definitely wouldn't be able to see it. "Lana Lang, she's an old friend of mine. She has a son around your age who you'll be going to school with"

"And she knows about-"

"Yes" Clark replied with another nod. "How about we get down from here before we draw anymore attention?" Kara nodded and the two, quicker than anyone who hadn't already seen them could notice, flew down and landed on the ground. "Hello Lana" Clark smiled as he looked down at the red haired woman they had landed beside.

 "Hello Lana" Clark smiled as he looked down at the red haired woman they had landed beside

"Well hello Clark" she smiled back before turning her attention to Kara. "And you must be Kara. I'm Lana"

"That's me" Kara smiled back. "Nice to meet you"

"I was just telling Kara that she and your son will be going to school together" Clark spoke causing Lana to nod.

"Well Smallville High is the only high school in town" Lana shrugged. "So more accurately she'll be going to school with all the kids in town"

"Great" Kara said sarcastically, she had only been on earth for a few weeks but she already disliked most teenagers she had met.

"It'll be fine Kara" Clark placed his hand comfortingly on her shoulder again.

"I'm being forced to go to school again by my baby cousin. Nothing about this screams fine to me Kal" Kara began nervously floating, causing Clark to push her back onto the ground.

"Ah Smallville High's kids aren't that bad" Lana waved it off. "Much better than when Clark and I went"

"Alright" Kara sighed. "I'm going to head back to the house"

"You know the way?" Clark asked as he let go of Kara and she nodded before quickly shooting into the sky, faster than a speeding bullet.

"You sure this'll work for her Clark?" Lana asked causing the man to look at her. "She's not you, she didn't come here as an infant. She's a teenage girl, almost an adult, and she's had a life before"

"It'll work" Clark replied with a determined nod. "Want to go get a cup of coffee?"

"Can't right now" Lana motioned to a nearby store. "Waiting for (y/n), he's getting whatever supplies he needs for school, then I promised milkshakes. I know it's a bit late for this sort of school shopping but we were busy this summer"

"I can grab him some stuff when I get Kara's stuff" Clark replied. Lana was about to argue when he spoke again. "Consider it a thank you for helping Ma and Pa with the farm while I was helping out on Mars"

Lana sighed, knowing she wouldn't get Clark to give up on this. "Fine, but you're coming for milkshakes with us. And I'm paying"

"Fine with me" Clark smiled as Lana pulled out her phone and texted the boy to come back out.

Word count: 1432

(I promise we will get to (y/n) soon. Just a little patience and you'll be rewarded with cute moments galore. For now though I'd appreciate any feedback on this new book)