Insult

Later that night Shriya came home exhausted, everyone was at home and Abhi sat on the sofa in the living room with his eyes closed and hand on his head . She just greeted him a quick "hiii"and went upstairs to her room.

Abhi went following her into her room and locked the door behind him and she turned around and he was staring at her intently.

Shriya was shocked by this gesture and she was afraid, he seems tobe angry about something. Though she doesnot have any idea why he was angry, she can make out from his face that she is the reason for his  anger.

She stood there silently unable to move an inch and Abhi got closer to her taking one step at a  time not moving his stare from her.

She stood there without any motion. When he was almost near her, his gaze was sharp and piercing, she took a step backwards unintentionally in fear. 

With his every step towards her, she made a step backwards and at last she reached the dead end of the room with her back struck to the cupboard. So she stood in front the cup board.

Abhi approached her and kept his hands on either side of her slim body. He then immediately moved his hands to the cupboard and leaned over her. He bent a little to match her level and stared straight into her eyes.

He asked her in a cold tone "Shriya, what should I do to make you believe in me ? I want you to become the old Shriya who is always active and a brave girl.

But what happened to you now? When that bastard said all  those nasty things to you today, bullied you, why did just listen to  him instead of  giving him a slap.

You have me and I will back you up no matter what you do.  You are not just somebody in my life , you are the one and only person I care about, you should have slapped him taught h a lesson."

His voice is becoming more and more cold and Shriya was trembling with fear. He continued "Didn't t you have a little confidence in me, You should have called me then, right at that moment, Why should I have tobe informed about you from some other person. Why ?".

He paused in his words when he saw tears rolling down her cheeks. He was  dumbfounded and didnot know what to do or say. He thought he might have taken this a little far.

His eyes became gentle, he wiped her tears and  hugged her tightly, afraid he might lose her if he didnot hold her tight enough.

After staying in Abhi's arms for a while, Shriya said in between her sobs "Its not that I don't want to say these things to you, but I didn't want you to know about these trivial matters, especially when it comes to a person like him. You are already busy enough, I don't  want to give more stress". Shriya's voice has become hoarse with all that crying, and she muttered sobbing "I am sorry."

* * * * * *

That afternoon

Shriya and her friends reached a nearby shop where lab coats and other lab equipment are sold. Though the shop is not so big, they found everything they wanted in it.

Both Shriya and Sony bought the labcoats while Brahmini said she already has one at home. They all bought the fractional weight boxes, plastic gloves, lab glasses, sanitizers and other things they might need.

After buying all the things they needed, they planned to have  ice-cream. So they headed to a nearby ice cream parlour.

First the driver wanted to wait for them in the car but Shriya insisted that he should also join them and  have some.

So he occupied the table which is two tables away from them to give them some privacy. From the talks of the three, he already understood that they knew about Abhi and are forcing Shriya to get them an autograph, while Shriya kept repeating of not knowing him well.

Shriya and her friends ordered their favourite flavored ice creams. They were all eating when a man in a black t shirt and a pair of blue jeans came and sat with them at the same table.

Shriya looked up to see it is none other than Vishnu. He sat there and smiled creepily, provokingly at her.

He then said to Shriya "Hey hiii long time, you look great after this make over. He must be treating you well, after all, you are good looking."

He them looked at her and her friends and said looking at her "So how is he in bed, did you enjoy yourself. Is he satisfying you enough. Ha You must be lucky, afterall not every women gets the chance to sleep with the great Abhishek Malhotra", he whispered the last sentence looking  at her friends.

Shriya's face fell with shame and her friends were in shock trying to process the man's words but they didn't believe but looked at their friend worriedly.

Just as he was about to continue with his insult, a hard slap fell on his left cheek and there stood the driver who accompanied them earlier.

Though he is a driver, he is a 6 feet tall man, well built and also a handsome man. Abhi appointed him not only to be Shriya's driver but also personal bodyguard. He was late to the scene because he went to settle the bill and went to call his friend.

When he came back to the parlour, he saw a man sitting with his madam and her  friends. He then called Abhi, while approaching them, but when he saw their faces he understood something is wrong.

He didnot hang up on Abhi and  put his phone in his pocket, so he could hear all the things Visnhu has said to Shriya. He then threw a slap against Vishnu's face taking the latter by surprise and shock.

He caught Vishnu's collar and dragged him off the chair. Fortunately there were not many people in the parlour. He then said "How dare you treat our madam like that? you sure have a death wish. If our Abhi sir know about what have you done,  you will br dead the next second.

When he does, I really hope I will be in charge of beating you to death, for now, rest here," he then dragged Vishnu to the parking lot and threw him in the car.

All the girls are in shock and did not move an inch from their seats as if the time stopped for them. The driver then  returned to them and asked them if they are ready to leave. They nodded their heads and followed him silently with their belongings.

  Shriya stopped in her tracks and  the driver looked at her waiting for her.  She asked him hesitantly "promise me that you will not say anything to Abhi".

The driver knew  that Abhi has been on phone with him from the start and was listening to everything, so he didnot want to lie to Shriya. So he said, "sorry mam, I can't keep secrets from sir, sorry".

Feeling rejected she stood there, just then another van came into the parking lot and Vishnu was shifted to that van.

Then entered two cars and the driver said to Sony and Brahmini that they will be dropped off at their homes in them.

They said bye to their friend trying to analyze the situation. Shriya then hopped into the backseat of her Audi R 8  and rested her head on the window glass and started crying.