Chapter 8: Nightmares

Marinette got the Miraculous' back and Adrien has gotten out of the hospital! It's all uphill from here, right?

...

Right?

****TRIGGER WARNING*****

**Mention of**

-Death (suicide, murder, etc.)

-Evil parent homophobia

-Gore

-Panic attacks

-PTSD

Nightmares

Dragged you down below

Down to the devil's show

To be his guest forever

Peace of mind is less than never

Hate to twist your mind,

But God ain't on your side

Welcome to the Family

Not long ago you find the answers were so crystal clear

Within a day you find yourself living in constant fear

Can you look at yourself now, can you look at yourself?

You can't win this fight

Emelie giggled as eleven year old Adrien flaunted his intricate wedding designs. He sat on the ground surrounded by colourful drawings. With a huge grin he picked up the matching suit designs for him and his future prince.

Emelie put her hand over her mouth as she gasped.

"I love your choice of coattails!"

"It's going to be amazing! And there will be chocolate cake for everyone!" The beaming boy lifted up a drawing of a ten-tiered cake.

"Am I invited?"

"Of course!" Adrien's braces shone as he appreciated his own groom-groom themes.

"Your future husband is going to be a very lucky man, he's not going to have to worry about anything!" She marvelled at his intricacy.

"Well, he's going to have to plan the proposal, it's only fair."

Emelie let out a great laugh, after all, he did have a point.

"What's this?" Gabriel's solemn voice prickled the hairs on Adrien's neck. There had been no sounds warning them of his presence. He seemed to materialise hovering over him.

"Adrien's planning out a wedding sweetie! Isn't he adorable? Look at these tuxes!" Emelie pushed her positivity, hoping Gabriel may see an opportunity to bond with Adrien through design.

"The money is in wedding dresses. Why isn't there a dress?" Gabriel scanned the pages surrounding Adrien, not one containing a feminine design.

"Not every wedding needs a bride, Gabriel." Emelie's voice sterned.

"Is this for you, son?" Gabriel asked as he took the drawing from Emelie's outstretched hand.

"Yeah! I like that one, I think a peacock design on the suit would be really cool!" Adrien pointed out the tux he dreamed of wearing on his wedding day.

"Adrien, listen, I don't care who you want to sleep with, but such a public statement should be avoided."

"Gabriel! Do not!" Emelie's jaw dropped in horror.