Georgina

Genre: Romance

Hugh stared blankly at the wall in front of him. The publishing company gave him three weeks to finish a short story. Two weeks and six days had passed, he couldn't think of a good story that can blow people's mind.

He sighed and glanced at his laptop that opened a writing application. The 'I' icon just blinked slowly but nothing followed that. The screen paper was just plain white.

Anger started to creep in his senses.

"Damn!"He cursed and slammed his fist on the table and the objects placed on it shook wildly. He released a frustrated groan and angrily brushed his copper hair with his fingers.

As he gritted his teeth in anger, a pink hairclip on his desk caught his eye. He paused from fuming. He knew his things very well on his desk so he wonders to whom the hairclip belongs to. But somehow, he finds its faint pink color nice. It reminds him of someone. He suddenly forgot his anger and picked up the accessory with his thumb and index finger.

"Georgina!" Hugh called the girl as he walked towards her who was standing on her back at her parents' large lawn.

The brown haired girl faced him and his nostrils caught a scent of her hair because it swayed when she turned around. He closed his eyes because it smelled of strawberry and 'her'. She was the most beautiful creature he had ever laid eyes on. Her round blue eyes are like marbles that Hugh would love to spend to see all day. Her small pert nose and thin pinkish lips compliments the rest of her gentle facial features. She was perfect, for him.

He suddenly grabbed her arm. Georgina was startled.

"W-Wait, Where are we goin'?" She asked laughing. She let him drag her until they reached the bus stop of their fancy neighborhood.

"I'm going to show you something." He said excitedly and fished out something in his pockets and then showed her a small picture, just a size of a deck card.

Georgina gasped lightly and took the picture from his hands. "Hugh, this is so awesome!"

He saw her eyes twinkle as she beamed at the picture with that awe-struck expression. Well, he just took that picture while riding his bike at the village road with no hands. He let his brother did the photography while he struggled on balancing. He snorted at himself after remembering the taking of that photo. The tree on the side of the road greeted him, harshly.

"I wish I could do this too..." He was snapped back to present when he heard Georgina's serious voice. She was envious in looking at the picture.

Hugh smiled sadly looking at his childhood friend. Ever since Georgina discovered her heart disease, she barely smiled and Hugh was greatly bothered by it. From then on, he promised to himself that he would do anything to see her smile always.

"I wish I could do the things that you can do." She added. He suddenly felt guilty on making Georgina feel bad about herself and her condition.

"Sorry..." He bent his head to avoid seeing her sad expression.

"You can do it for me!"

He faced her again when he suddenly heard the jolliness in her voice.

She cupped her chin and looked up. "Since I can't do it, why don't you do the things I wanted to do in life and take a photo of it?"

He thought for a while and then met her gaze. "Will that make you happy?"

She nodded vigorously. "Yes! So will you do it for me?"