Chapter 164: Do you need my help

Gu Qianlin was a former member of the special force and was highly trained and extremely skillful. As she quickly relieved the mobster of his iron pipe and was now armed for battle. She was fearless and brave as a lioness, but her responsibilities as a police officer discouraged her from being ruthless. Her techniques were flawless, and she sought only to knock her opponents back and disarm them, but they took the blows and kept coming back at her.

The Dragon Gang members, however, were no mere street fighters. They were relentless and attacked her incessantly like a pack of jackals. Within a short time, they had gotten through her defenses several times and drew blood. Gu Qianlin has been stabbed and sustained lashes on her back and lower torso. She looked powerless in the face of the concerted attacks, like a cornered tiger fending off a wolf pack.

Gu Qianlin’s warning to the Dragon Gang to disarm had drawn all their attention and made her the sole target of their attack. No one took notice of Xiao Luo, who was seated at a nearby gaming table, somehow doing an excellent job of keeping him unnoticed. He was enjoying himself to a glass of orange juice he took from a tray left by the fleeing staff workers. He did not show any urgency nor inclination to go to Gu Qianlin’s aid, seeming quite blasé about the goings-on.

At this point, Gu Qianlin had sustained multiple wounds that were sapping her energy levels, and with it her fighting spirit. The exhaustion and pain were beginning to tell on her, and she couldn’t help feeling a sense of regret for being merciful to the gang members at the start. How quickly they overpowered her with their ruthlessness and relentless attacks.

She was faltering, and her resistance being overwhelmed. Her only option was to retreat to safer ground. Her clothes were now in shreds, and she was soaked in blood.

BOOM!

Two senior members of Dragon Gang broke through and struck squarely on her upper body.

These two were well-trained pugilists and regularly practiced their combined techniques for close street combat. The power and force they could unleash with their coordinated attacks were unparalleled. Gu Qianlin stood no chance. Her body was thrown back in the air, crashing heavily on the ground. She was in extreme pain as if her body was broken.

“Officer Gu, do you need help?”

Xiao Luo put down the empty glass and walked up with a smile.

Even in her state, Gu Qianlin was terribly infuriated, she only moved her eyes and stared at Xiao Luo clenching her teeth. She was silents, but her eyes burned with extreme hate.

“Don’t have to show mercy to these people, the situation you’re in now is the result of mercy. I’m forced to attack now, and you’ll be my best witness. Who else could prove my innocence, right?” Xiao Luo smiled innocently.

To Gu Qianlin’s eyes, his smile just seemed inappropriate for a time like this. It looked creepy.

Xiao Luo turned around and dropped his smiling countenance instantly. He took on a cold and ominous bearing, as he faced the group of armed Dragon Gang members. It sent a shiver down their spines.

“It’s this son of the bitch, what’re you guys waiting for? Charge, slash him into pieces!”

Geng Qiuxing roared. His casino was as good as gone, and Lord Long would never him go. Having to lose his fingers would be considered a light punishment, and all he could for. But he was afraid that would not be the case, expecting worse punishments and perhaps even slow death through decapitation, multiple stabs, or gunshots. As he thought about that, his hatred towards Xiao Luo grew, and he could not wait to witness Xiao Luo’s death.