Chapter 150: Dangerous Character

Zhang Dashan called out Fang Changlei in the same way a thief in a crowd finds himself pointed out. All eyes were drawn to him. However, this thief was rather intense, psychologically. He did not panic in the slightest. Instead, he was incredibly annoyed, and his eyes glowed with viciousness as he gave Zhang Dashan a death stare.

“Your Honor, allow me to call another witness. His testimony will suffice to prove that all these incidents have to do with Fang Changlei,” Zhang Dashan said calmly.

The presiding judge nodded. “Yes, you may!”

Boom!

The courtroom door was pushed open forcefully. Dressed in plain clothes, Zhang Donghai walked in uneasily, looking slightly panicked. After helping Gao Qingfeng off the witness stand, he walked over.

The moment he saw Zhang Donghai, a cloud of gloominess flitted across Fang Changlei’s eyes, and his eyelids twitched a couple of times. He hadn’t expected the trusted subordinate, whom he’d so carefully cultivated, to betray him.

“What’s your name, witness?” the presiding judge asked.

“Your Honor, my name is Zhang Donghai. I am from Qi’an,” Zhang Donghai answered honestly.

Zhang Dashan passed on Xiao Luo’s words and bellowed in an authoritative tone, “Zhang Donghai, tell us everything you know.”

“Yes,” came the reply.

Zhang Donghai nodded sheepishly, then looked somewhat timidly at Fang Changlei, who was sitting amid the audience, then said slowly, “On the surface, I am the head of Luo’s Workshop’s factory, but in secret, I work for Fang Changlei of Taste Buds. To defeat Luo’s Workshop, Fang Changlei once told me that he had conducted secret operations to spread the news of the deadly bread incident, which took place Luo’s Workshop. He aims to tarnish Luo’s Workshop’s reputation.

“Other than that, he also spent money bribing workers from Luo’s Workshop’s factory to go on strike, while I added fuel to the fire from the sidelines. A few days ago, he gave me a firm order to create an incident while Luo’s Workshop was rushing to complete the orders for the mid-autumn festival. He wanted me to force the factory to stop the manufacturing process!”

As soon as he finished speaking, a commotion arose amid the audience, and the netizens’ comments flooded the internet like bamboo shoots after rain.

“Oh my goodness! So this is the big boss hidden behind the scenes!”

“Fang Changlei of Taste Buds is the troublemaker behind everything. What a surprising outcome.”

“I’m so f*cking surprised! This trial has so many ups and downs. It is more interesting than many tv dramas.”

[In court]

“Bullsh*t, Your Honor. He is framing me. He is framing me!!!”

Fang Changlei could hardly stay calm anymore, and the flesh on his face trembled violently. His face was grotesque and terrifying as he roared while pointing at Zhang Donghai.

Bang, bang, bang! The presiding judge banged the gavel and called out, “Silence! Please stay silent!”

Once the entire courtroom returned to quiet, he looked at Zhang Donghai and said, “Mr. Witness, can you promise the court that you have spoken nothing but the truth here today?”

Zhang Donghai nodded forcefully and answered, “Your Honor, I swear that I have spoken no lies. To be safe, I even deliberately recorded my conversation with Fang Changlei.”