Chapter 156: Auditory feast

A man holding a bouquet of roses walked briskly on to the stage. Just the audience was wondering what was going on, Fu Guisheng received the bouquet and got down on one knee. His deep gaze adoringly fixed on Sun Yu, who was seated below the stage.

“Yuyu, when I first laid my eyes on you, I was taken away by your beauty. From that moment forth, I had lost my soul, and you were the one who stole it away. I’ve been yearning to see you every day, and I dream of us walking together hand in hand into the sunset. I love you forever and ever, even until death!”

This emotionally charged confession amplified through the microphone and reverberated throughout the venue.

The crowd reacted immediately. It turned out to be a confession of love!

Many applauded with excitement when they saw the scene, some of the girls even screamed wildly without inhibition. They wished they were the target of Fu Guisheng’s affection. The atmosphere in the venue became highly charged.

Striking while the iron was hot, Fu Guisheng smiled with satisfaction at the response, and continued, “Yuyu, I like you. Will you become the girlfriend of Fu Guisheng and let me pamper and dote over you? I want to make you the happiest woman in the world!”

Sun Yu was stunned and was at a loss. She had never expected Fu Guisheng would pull such a stunt.

Giving their raucous support and encouragement, Fu Guisheng’s friends roared loudly in unison.

“Accept him, accept him!”

They quickly received support from others. After all, this was both a romantic and significant event, which the crowd had no reason not to join in to support this event. The noise quickly grew louder as wave upon wave of voices boomed across the venue, encouraging Sun Yu to accept the proposal.

“F*ck him and his love stealing act! That guy actually had such a cheap trick up his sleeve!”

Zhang Dashan was furious. Deep down, he knew how effective this trick could be, and many women out there would succumb to it. Truth be told, it was always going to be difficult with the crowd shouting “accept him!” and a man giving confession his love in public. No matter how strong-willed a woman was, they would be overcome with emotions and accept the proposal with open arms, especially when the proposing party was successful and wealthy.

Xiao Ruyi fumed and was absolutely disgusted. “Shameless!” She said out aloud.

Feng Wuhen stood up in a loud voice and said: “F*ck his grandmother! He’s obviously trying to steal sister-in-law away. Brother Xiao… wait, where is Brother Xiao?”

After recovering from the initial shock, they came back to their senses. The seat that Xiao had occupied was now empty, and he was nowhere to be seen.

With Xiao Luo nowhere to be seen, Sun Yu’s face gradually turned pale as she looked towards Fu Guisheng’s longing, affectionate eyes. As the cheering continued in good voice from the hospital staff, she was at a loss of what to do.

To accept Fu Guisheng was out of the question. She simply did not like him. The one she was deeply attracted to was Xiao Luo.

But it seemed cruel to reject him in the presence of such a crowd and cause him to lose face. Nor did Sun Yu want to disappoint everyone during such a festive event.

What should she do?

Sun Yu panicked and was close to tears. The situation overwhelmed her, leaving her in a state of deep confusion.

Even as she grappled with her conflicting emotions, a lingering melody began to serenade the moment, as if timed and choreographed to elicit her final response of affirmation.