Chapter 111

Chapter 111: Ambition

“President Xiao, please get security to save him at once. We don’t want anyone dying at our company’s front door,” Li Zimeng advised, her delicate features clouded with worry.

Xu Guansong, Luo Qi, and Zhang Donghai also came forward to side with her. After all, this was happening in their company’s compound. If someone died, it would be a devastating blow to their reputation. More importantly, the people involved were former employees who had been fired from Luo’s Workshop. If the media caught wind of this, the news reports would not be pretty.

Even though Xiao Luo had half a mind to stamp out Wang Tiechui’s life, he could see the logic behind their arguments.

Waving them in, he allowed the head of security to rush into the fray with his men.

They managed to rescue Wang Tiechui, but he had taken a severe beating. His face was bruised, swollen, and drenched in blood. He was on the verge of death as an ambulance came to take him away. The mob of more than five hundred workers calmed down and gradually regained their composure. When they saw blood splattered on the ground, they quickly dispersed, afraid of getting into more trouble if they lingered.

Just like that, the workers’ strike was settled!

The various department heads and managers of various outlets had come to understand Xiao Luo better through this event. While Xiao Luo looked mild-mannered and peaceable, he was ruthlessly decisive, and this left a powerful impression in their hearts. Some of the store managers with lazy attitudes now had to clean up their act. They did not dare show any signs of disrespect in front of Xiao Luo.

Before leaving, Chu Yunxiong reminded Xiao Luo in front of everyone, “Luo, my offer still stands. If you need anything, come look for me!”

This statement helped reassure everyone that the legendary entrepreneur Chu Yunxiong still vouched for Xiao Luo. At the same time, they also began to wonder who this Xiao Luo was to have gained his trust.

“In addition to the one million that President Xiao has invested, the company account has five million in liquid assets.” Guo Fu, head of Luo’s Workshop’s finance department, was sharing the company’s financial report with Xiao Luo in his office.

Xiao Luo’s brow furrowed as he listened. Five million may be a large sum to an individual, but to a company, it was a paltry amount. To put things into context, Luo’s Workshop paid out nearly three million dollars each month to their employees. Now they were in the red every day. If they did not quickly turn the situation around, Luo’s Workshop would be finished by the end of next month.

“I get the picture. Please return to your work. Oh yes, and ask store manager Sun Jian’nan to come to see me.”

“Yes, President Xiao!”

Guo Fu bowed slightly and left the room.

Zhang Dashan got up from the sofa, walked over to Xiao Luo, and said, “This workers’ strike came at a perfect time, huh? It’s allowed you to flex your authority as the boss in front of the whole company.”

“It’s all thanks to you,” Xiao Luo replied with a slight smile.

“You can save your breath when it comes to words of gratitude. I want something tangible.”

“What are we talking about here?” Xiao Luo asked, puzzled, raising his eyebrows.

Zhang Dashan brought his teacup down onto the desk, hard, and scolded, “B*stard, stop acting stupid in front of me. I want the position of vice-president, old pal.” He made his way to the balcony in the office, looked down at the view below, and stretched his arms out wide. He took a deep breath and said, “I never dreamed that one day I would be a big boss, gazing down on all my employees from my ivory tower.”