Chapter 110

Chapter 110: Begging Is Useless

Not long after, all five hundred or so workers who’d been on strike were chased away, but they did not leave. The gaunt, ugly man was still loudly proclaiming his views, arguing, “Don’t worry. This Xiao fellow will come back crying and begging for us to return to work soon. Without us, Luo’s Workshop cannot produce any goods. We are the ones with the fate of the company in our hands. We need to stay confident and have the guts to go up against these capitalists to the very end!”

Although the man was speaking spiritedly and loudly, the rest of the workers were shrouded in a general air of dejection. They had sat down, and their heads dipped solemnly. Now that they had calmed down, they felt like something was amiss. They had good jobs, so why had they gone on strike?

If they were honest with themselves, their pay and benefits were undoubtedly better than what they’d get at other factories. However, in the end, their deep-rooted greed had won out, and they’d chosen to join the strike. Many of them were now regretting their decisions.

If they were really all fired, their families would lose an income source. Some of them had to provide for nursing babies, children attending school, and older parents with no ability to work. With so many mouths to feed depending on their earnings, what were they supposed to do? As they contemplated this, some of the workers were smoking, and the hands gripping the cigarettes trembled uncontrollably.

In contrast, Xiao Luo had ordered someone to bring over a table and four stools. He was sitting with Chu Yunxiong, Zhang Dashan, and Ge Zhongtian, leisurely enjoying freshly boiled hot tea. Not a single shred of nervousness could be detected about him.

Of course, Zhang Dashan was not entirely at ease. He had never dreamed that one day he would be sitting at the same table as Hua Nation’s legendary entrepreneur, Chu Yunxiong.

Compared to them, the various department heads of Luo’s Workshop were extremely anxious. They all felt the pressure mounting and could not help but worry. If the bread processing factory lost all its workers, then the machinery would be left unmanned and useless. Not only would they be unable to produce anything of value, but the company would continue to suffer losses, which would only balloon as time went on.

“President Xiao, we cannot keep waiting like this. Let’s at least try to satisfy some of their requests and get them back in position to work,” Xu Guansong’s tried to persuade Xiao with his eyebrows knitted together.

Xiao Luo made no move to acknowledge him. He only turned to look at Zhang Dashan and demanded, “Are they coming?”

Zhang Dashan checked the time and replied, “They should be on their way.”

“How many?”

“Around 320 people. All workers from the bread factory. They can start working as soon as they arrive.”

“Mm.”

Xiao Luo nodded and continued sipping his tea slowly.

As they heard this brief exchange, a wave of surprise swept over Xu Guansong and the other department heads. 320 people? He had actually managed to rustle up 320 people with experience working at a bread processing factory? That was impossible!

Chu Yunxiong harbored similar doubts. Now was not the prime season for hiring, and being to be able to hire 320 workers at once was bizarre and difficult to comprehend. However, he refused to make his concerns known. Besides, Zhang Dashan was Xiao Luo’s trusted friend, so it was definitely possible that he had some unforeseen gifts.

Just then, Xiao Luo waved to the head of the factory, Zhang Donghai, beckoning for him to come over.

“President Xiao, what can I do for you?” Zhang Donghai asked enthusiastically with a radiant smile.