Chapter 130: Sign the contract and I will tell you

Xiao Luo did not walk towards his mark immediately. Instead, he motioned for his caddie to place the golf ball at the black tee marker, being the point with the longest yardage for that hole.

“What are you doing, Chairman Xiao?”

Fang Changlei contemptuously questioned the move. He didn’t try to hide his look of belittlement and jocose as if he was watching a jester entertaining his audience. Regardless of what Xiao Luo tried, Fang couldn’t see how Xiao could recover his position against Zhang Hongda’s lead. He found Xiao Luo’s action t hilarious!

Xiao Luo didn’t bother to respond to Fang Changlei’s derision. Stepping into the tee box, he took his driver from his caddie and walked towards his tee.

Zhang Hongda asked the steward for a change of teapot to brew a fresh round of tea. Zhang was brimming with confidence, sipping slowly from his teacup with a deep sense of satisfaction. Halfway through the course and there was no way Xiao Luo could even come close to his score. What a way to Luo’s Workshop over a game of golf. He couldn’t hide his glee.

DING. Congratulations! You’ve acquired the Golf Skills, at the cost of five hundred points!”

The system’s digital voice notification spoke in Xiao Luo’s cyber-enhanced mind.

As the wind started to pick up, the fringe of his hair tossed about in a flurry, and his microfiber golf top billowed like ripples in a fast-flowing stream. The golf club felt natural to him as he closed his hands around the grip with his fingers locked. He looked at the hole a long distance away, the flag fluttering furiously. He checked the windage, then keeping his eyes on the ball, he raised his club back, before it came down in a smooth arc to make clean contact with the ball. He held his pose as his weight transferred to his leading foot in his follow-through.

He was in total control of the shot.

“PING!”

The sheer speed of his club carried the white ball in a great distance, sailing handsomely over the fairway and high towards its intended target. It narrowly missed the sand bunker as it bounced and landed once onto the green.

It all happened so silently and unexpectedly but extremely clean!

The ball rolled with the momentum, and, to everyone’s astonishment, it dropped into the hole. It was a hole in one!

The caddie was stunned, his jaw-dropping in pure disbelief. The ground staff joined him, wearing looks of astonishment at the sheer audacity of the stroke.

Luo Qi rubbed her eyes, shouted with uninhibited excitement. She didn’t understand the game, but she knew that he did something spectacular. She swooned, “It’s in, the big boss had sent the ball into the hole with just one swing!”

Xu Guansong, standing just beside her, blinked several times unintentionally, unable to digest what had just taken place.

Both Zhang Hongda and Fang Changlei Stood frozen. The smile that was so recently on their faces disappeared altogether. In their minds, they seemed to be saying the same thing, “What the f*ck?”

However, this was just a beginning.

Without breaking a step, Xiao Luo was already on his way to the next hole. Backswing, downswing, contact, follow through. PING. The same thing happened there, another hole in one!

One shot, one hole!

Moving down the course, he proceeded to ace the next hole, then the next one, and the next, over and over again. He made it look so easy that it seemed like he didn’t even need to look at the ball.