Chapter 145: Doubt

“Did Luo’s Workshop threaten and force the reporter, Chen Jianbai, to fabricate false evidence to restore their reputation? Or, did Chen Jianbai purposely distort the facts and publish fake news to defame Luo’s Workshop? Jiangcheng TV Station is now bringing you a live broadcast of the public trial to settle this matter once and for all!”

Jiangcheng TV Station was broadcasting the whole public trial, and they were not the only ones. Various other major media news outlets were also launching their live update pages for the event. The infamy of this incident had not just spread throughout Jiangcheng, but across the entire Hua Nation like a storm. People who had never heard of Luo’s Workshop before were now very much aware of the company’s existence.

The discussions on the internet were particularly heated.

“Needless to say, it’s got to be that reporter, Chen, making up fake news to discredit Luo’s Workshop in a bid for attention. I’m supporting Luo’s Workshop!”

“That’s bullsh*t. I think that Luo’s Workshop has done something bad stuff and now they’re trying to profit from it. This is just like when scandalous female celebrities get caught by the paparazzi sleeping their way to the top, then pretend like nothing happened, and use lawsuits to protect their reputations. It’s so d*mn disgusting.”

“It’s fine to have an opinion in a public discussion, but can you keyboard warriors just stop arguing, chill out, and watch the live broadcast?”

There was vocal support for all sides, as well as many neutral parties. The number of threads in the comments section of QQ News was already in the tens of thousands. This event had quickly grown into the hottest topic of the day.

[Huaye University]

Huang Ruoran was in her dorm room, staring in surprise at one of her roommates’ laptops. The roommate was especially interested in current affairs. The public trial of Luo’s Workshop against Chen Jianbai was being broadcast live on the 16-inch screen.

Huang Ruoran had beautiful hair, long and sleek eyebrows, and a gorgeous nose. Her jade-like cheeks flushed slightly pink.

She had never expected to see Xiao Luo’s friend, Zhang Dashan, on a live broadcast of a public trial. Ever since Xiao Luo had left Huaye without a word to anyone—including herself, Chu Yue, and their English major peers—they had been eagerly keeping an eye out for news of his whereabouts. The appearance of Zhang Dashan on the video screen during the live broadcast was undoubtedly the key to finding Xiao Luo.

“Luo’s Workshop?!” Huang Ruoran whispered the phrase to herself, embedding the two words into her memory.

[Chongshan House]

Chu Yunxiong and Ge Zhongtian were sitting on a sofa and sipping tea while watching the Jiangcheng channel.

Chu Yunxiong turned his head to ask, “Zhongtian, would you like to know how Luo dealt with the group of reporters who were causing him trouble?”

Ge Zhongtian took a small sip of tea then placed his teacup down. “I’d be glad to know the details!”

“He accepted their request for an interview and gathered all of the reporters in the auditorium. Then, he left them stranded there for an entire day without giving them a second thought. During that time, because they were not employees of Luo’s Workshop, they were barred from entering or leaving the auditorium and forced to wait in their anxiety. Don’t you think it’s immoral?”

As he spoke about the steps that Xiao Luo had taken against the reporters, Chu Yunxiong could not stifle his laughter. He would not have expected Xiao Luo to have the audacity to take such drastic measures. Though it had not been a glamorous move, it was undeniably effective.