V2 Chapter 17 - The Town of Shadowfall

It was the next morning as Evan, Marcel, Tyler and Delirious left the Sakura Shrine. Though Marcel's mind was being plagued by a conversation that he had with Miko prior to the trek. Miko mostly warned him of the possibility of that he might have not been ready to be a champion for a deity just yet, but since he was given the opportunity, they both did suspect that there might be more at play to it. So Marcel has to be on high alert the whole time, especially since he is now the eyes and ears of an extremely powerful deity, the Warden of Time. 

Though there was one thing that he held back on, which was telling the rest of the group about it. He couldn't just tell them directly that he became the champion of a deity out of the blue, he just thinks that he mainly doesn't have the strength to tell them yet. So holding back the information was most likely his best option, to him at least. He did space out while thinking about this, which he snapped back to reality when Evan was trying to get through to him.

Vanoss: "Hey Marcel! You good man?"

Basically: "I am. Don't worry about it."

Evan was right to be suspicious about how Marcel reacted. He did notice a bit of sweat rolling down his face, though it was barely visible. 

Vanoss: "Whatever you say man, besides I think we're close."

Wildcat: "I'm sure that this is the fourth fucking time that you said that.."

Vanoss: "Well this time I believe it to be so!"

Delirious: "Well, look at the bright side. We get to enjoy a peaceful walk until we end up murdering some bitches ya know?"

Basically: "I can agree to that. Well at least when we get there, we need to come up with something.."

Vanoss: "You don't have to worry about that. We got a plan and I am one hundred percent sure that it will work."

Basically: "One hundred percent?"

Vanoss: "Maybe..."

Marcel just looked at Evan with a deadpan expression, unsure on what he had in mind. But he will have to put some confidence into this since Evan is the leader after all. They eventually reached into a clearing, though what awaited them surprised all of them. 

They essentially reached on top of a hill, though it was technically a mountain that had a crater in it. Within the crater was the town before them, seemingly looking like an average town in comparison to like a trading town. But Marcel could definitely tell that this place is no ordinary town by getting the vibe of the atmosphere alone. Though he suddenly felt pain in his head, making him have to use his one hand to grasp it. He then got a vision for a split second, seeing Delirious badly injured and fatally too. He shook it for a moment, breathing in and out slowly until he fully relaxed. Though when he fully recovered, he could see the others already down there, heading to the entrance of the town by themselves, making him have to slide down to get to them.

Marcel caught up to them quickly as they approached the main entrance, but everyone knew about one thing, the two guards standing there were definitely wearing the same uniform and attires to the ones that attacked the Pavolia Estate. 

Guard 1: "Halt! State your business!"

Evan was the one who went up to talk this time, though Marcel was still having a bad feeling from all of this.

Vanoss: "Well gentlemen... I am here to see your leader! We request an audience with them!"

The two guards looked at each other, then one of them nodding as he went on inside.