Seeking Truths

"Did you hear?" Your friend Erica squealed as she leaned over the front of your cubicle as you typed away for your new report.

"Hear what?" Asking without stopping as you quickly glanced up at her.

"That convicted killer Evans requested to be interviewed." Now that information had your full attention.

"Chris Evans?" Squinting your eyes at her. "Convicted serial killer Chris Evans?"

"Yep." Popping the p as you leaned back in your chair. "Came out early this morning his attorney made a statement."

"He's been in prison for like five years that doesn't make sense why he wants to talk now." Crossing your arms across your chest as you slowly shook your head. "When does he want to do this interview?"

"Apparently he demanded it be done this afternoon."

"This afternoon?" Repeating her words with a shocked expression on your face. "You've got to be kidding."

"I know I couldn't believe what I heard either." Erica exclaimed with wide eyes.

"There's no way they would let that happen." Scoffing through your nose at the thought of them letting him get what he wants.

"I heard it's cause he's on death row." Now that made a little sense as to why he wanted to talk.

"Well yeah I would hope after brutally murdering over a dozen women he'd be put on death row."

"Maybe he wants to clear his conscious." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Who in the world would want to interview someone like him anyway?" Your voice dripping with disgust at the thought of being alone with someone like him anyway.

"Someone whose stupid and isn't afraid of anything." She joked as you both laughed.

"Well I'll tell you I wouldn't even come within a hundred yards of that man." Pointing your finger at her in a matter of fact. "They couldn't get me to do something like that."

"Me neither I would rather just shoot myself if I had to interview him."

"Y/L/N." Turning your head to see your boss standing in the door way of his office looking straight at you. "Can I talk to you in my office for a moment."

"Yes Mr.Stan." Nodding his head as he turned back into his office.

"Someone's in trouble." Your friend teased with a singing voice as you rolled your eyes giving her the middle finger.

"If I'm in trouble I'm taking your ass down with me." You sneered at her standing up walking towards his office.

As you stood in the doorway knocking on the door he looked up from his paperwork motioning you to sit down. Shutting the door behind you as you took a seat patiently waiting for him to finish whatever he was doing. He rarely called you into his office like this usually he called you on the phone to talk.

"Im sure you've heard all about this Chris Evans prick." He started off as you nodded your head.

"Yeah I was just kept up to speed." Smacking your lips together.

"Then you've also heard he wants the person to do the interview to be a woman?" Staring straight at him as you wondered where he was going with this.

"I did not." Your stomach churning at the feeling of where this talk was going, and what you were probably going to be asked.

"Which is why I wanted to talk to you." Clearing his throat as you waited to hear those dreadful words. "I want you to do the interview."

"I hope this is some kind of prank." Blurting out loud as he clasped his hands together on the desk.