Chapter 2 Part 5- Our Fears, Phobias, and Moments of Bliss

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Well, what was your idea?" I asked.

"WELL-" Sugai began.

"Sugai wants us to have our own boys night." Kajiwara said.

"HEY!!! NO FAIR YOU CAN'T JUST DO THAT!!!" Sugai yelled. Kajiwara rolled his eyes. Sugai groaned, before clearing his throat. "Basically, there's a game room, and I was thinking we could play some video games and stuff, you know?"

"Wow! That's a great idea!" Arima said, a bright smile on his face.

"Um... what's a video game?" Shishido asked. Arima and Sugai's mouths dropped, as they stared at Shishido.

"YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED A VIDEO GAME BEFORE!?" Arima and Sugai screamed. Shishido made himself really small, as if he were prey hiding from a horrifying predator.

"W- well... n- no..." he began.

"Shishido you should join us! You CANNOT LIVE without playing a video game!" Arima said.

"B- but... then shouldn't I be dead?" Shishido asked. Sugai and Arima's faces went blank as they stared at him. I smiled.

"Oh, I like video games too. Can I join?" I asked.

"Eh... you're kind of plain. I wouldn't expect you to be any good..." Sugai said, glaring at me skeptically.

"H- hey... that's not nice. I'm good at video games!" I snapped back.

"Well, it's a boys night so everyone is invited-" Arima began.

"I'll be sitting this one out." Kajiwara said.

"NOOOOOOOOO WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!" Sugai yelled in a bratty tone.

"Otani needs my help with something." He replied. Sugai folded his arms angrily.

"Ugh, fine, I didn't want you anyway." He said. Suddenly, he grabbed me by the arm. "I'll just have to replace you with Kawata!"

"H- hey, didn't you just say-" I began.

"Come on we gotta go set it up!!!" Sugai yelled, dragging me by the hand out of the room, Shishido and Arima following close behind. I think I made the wrong decision.

-

I was brought to the game room by Naito, who cheerfully bounced as she entered the room. Had she been derived of all contact with girls or something?

"I don't see how this is going to make us get along..." Miyazaki groaned, laying down on a bean bag chair in the corner of the room.

"It's a PARTY!!! Come on! All problems get resolved at a party!" Morita said with a teasing voice. Miyazaki rolled her eyes.

"Yeah... over my dead body..." she mumbled.

"What did you say?" Naito said, staring at her with the most pure eyes I'd ever seen in my life.

"Ugh, nothing..." she replied. Naito shrugged her shoulders, opening a closet in the room.

I looked I've to Imamura and Tengan. Tengan stood as if she was a mannequin, her eyes closed. All the while, Imamura glared at her, almost as if she had a rage deep inside of her. Sweat ran down my face, as I quickly followed Naito into the small closet.

"S- so... what are we gonna do tonight?" I asked. Naito smiled.

"Oh, we're going to do hair, talk, you know." She said, with a bright grin.

"U- um... okay. Can I g- go get ready?" I asked.

"Of course girl! But I don't know what you'd do!" Morita laughed, ruffling up my hair, making my glasses fall off of my head to the floor. My eyes suddenly went entirely blurry, as I fell to the floor, searching for my glasses. I grabbed them and stuck them back onto my face with a sigh of relief.