Chapter 33 - Prove your Worth

There'd been a funeral. A small, hurried funeral. Twice had cried. Mange, too. Shigaraki had simply stared as Dabi lit the stolen casket on fire, leaving nothing but ash. Compress had made it a point to store some with the use of his quirk, and now they all held onto one of those shimmery balls, holding the remains of their dead comrade. Their partner in crime, their friend. It felt strange to fiddle with it inside his pocket as he walked, strange that she was no longer there with them. Tomura didn't know how to feel about all of this, not really. He'd never been good with these types of emotions.

One thing was sure, though. They'll avenge her. They'll get their revenge one way or another, and after that, well, Shigaraki was still planning on destroying hero society. No death or reset timelines could change that. Yet things felt weird, unsettling in a way, now that a constant had disappeared. It felt like the world was frozen, stuck in a snapshot of the past, yet they had to keep moving if they wanted to survive. And so here they were, looting the mansion of the Creature Rejection Clan. He could tell Spinner was uncomfortable, so he tried to make it quick.

Tomura didn't feel like rushing back to their current...accommodations, but he knew that would all change soon enough. That's why he ignored the complaining of the others as they arrived at their worn-down hideout. They'll just have to suck it up until they hear from the doctor! Tomura sighed, wanting to go out and away from this bunch for a little while, only to have Dabi walk in at the same moment, complaining about how he was the only one trying to recruit new members. Not that he had actually brought anyone in, and Tomura knew that the one he did bring in-

He seethed just thinking about that bird bastard!

"I'm stepping out for a minute," he grumbled, leaving their little base.

"He's been doing that a lot lately..." Mr Compress noted. "Ever since Toga-"

"Don't talk about her! Don't say her name!" Twice yelled. "I miss her so much... No! Don't think about her!"

Spinner groaned, punching the wall in frustration.

"What are we even doing here?! Why are we still following Shigaraki when everything around us is falling apart?!" he shouted. "Do any of you even know what kind of goal he has in mind? What all this is for? No! Shigaraki is just a big man child and with Kurogiri gone and arrest-!"

He couldn't finish his angry rant as the building shook and crumbled down. There was cursing as they scrambled out of the shack, watching it collapse to nothing but rubble. Luckily they all made it out safely.

"No time to stand around! Get your asses in gear!"

Dabi's eyes widened when he saw Shigaraki standing face to face with a giant monster-like creature. He couldn't call it a person, not really, not with that form. Sorry Spinner, but some mutations were just way too much.

"What the hell is this thing?!" Spinner exclaimed. Ah, so he didn't view this monster as human either, good to know.

"It's the secret weapon Kurogiri was retrieving for us," Tomura grinned, clearly excited. It was time to move forward to the next step in his plan~

"You! Are you truly All For One's successor?!" Gigantomachia asked, or more like roared. Tomura flinched at the loud spit-filled yell and tried not to falter under the pressure of his glare. All For One's successor, huh..? Well, if you look at it that way...

"That's me," Tomura stated, making Gigantomachia huff.

"Weak!" he exclaimed before swinging his fist. Everyone was already on edge, so they didn't lose any time jumping away from the attack. "You're not worthy!"

With that he lashed out again, but this time the League was prepared. They didn't have a plan to take him down, but they quickly agreed they had to get those arms under control at the very least. That was easier said than done, though, and Tomura got slammed to the ground when he tried to get close. They got swatted around like flies, as if their number advantage was no advantage at all. Tomura huffed as he rose back from the ground, a grin still lingering on his face. Oh yes, this was exactly the kind of strength he needed!