Chapter 25 - Hero Work Studies

"So how did it go?" Ochako asked when Izuku finally showed himself. They'd been warming up in gym gamma without him, some people had wondered if he'd even show up at all after his conversation with All Might. "What did he want to talk about? Did you ask him about Sir Nighteye?"

"He wanted to know about Nana," Izuku told her, a small smile still lingering on his face. "All Might misses her... I guess he's a little jealous that I can still talk to her and he can't."

"See! I told you he wouldn't be mad!" Ochako grinned, making Izuku roll his eyes. "You did talk to him about Sir, right? I mean, Tsu and I are already arranging our work studies through Nejire and-"

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to be there," Izuku assured her, looking away, his eyes darting around the gym. "Isn't Eraser joining us today?"

"He told us he'd be late today!" Tenya stated. "Please go stretch, Izuku-kun! Training without a proper warm up could be-"

"Yes, I know, thank you, Tenya-kun," Izuku chuckled. "I'll be over there if you need me, see you guys later!"

It didn't take long for them to start up Catch a Kacchan in one part of the gym, even though Katsuki wasn't Izuku's only target. No, Tsuyu and Ochako competed too, and sometimes someone else joined in for a round or two. People without high mobility didn't hold out very long against the wispy black tendrils, but it was still a good way to train their maneuvers and reaction speed. Izuku, on the other hand, trained his focus and controllability. If he wanted to use his quirk out in public, he had to make sure he knew how to wield them properly.

And a part of him must've subconsciously used more than simply Blackwhip, because when Aizawa sensei entered the gym and called for their attention, he lingered in the air even after Blackwhip had retreated. Float? When did he get permission from Nana to use her quirk..? Was it the conversation with All Might? Did she want to show her successor that she was still here?

"Oi Deku! Get your ass down here!"

He blinked, suddenly pulled out of thoughts by Kacchan's words, and flailed as he fell to the ground, landing with a harsh thud. Izuku groaned as he crawled back up, brushing off the worries and concerns of his classmates.

"I'm fine, don't worry," Izuku said, wincing when he made a wrong movement. "Just...fell, is all."

"You're as clumsy as always, I see," Aizawa said, looking down at the files he had with him. "Anyway, the reason I'm late is this. Your personal files."

"What about them?" Eijirou asked, confused.

"Since I've told the faculty about our situation, we've updated them with the relevant information," Aizawa explained, handing the pile to Tenya. "We could forward this information to other heroes if or when necessary and we can use it to stay organized and keep track of who knows and who doesn't. I need you all to look into it and see if there's any information you'd like to see removed or altered."

Updating their files was a logical next step for the school, Izuku knew that too, but he still wasn't too keen on letting other people in on their secret, too afraid of the change it might bring.

"Uhm, Aizawa sensei, I think you made a typo here," Tenya said as he was going through the files, skimming the information. "You've added the date on which we all retrieved our past memories, but you made an error in Izuku's file. It says here the year he regained his memories was 2XXX, but it has to be 2XYX."

It wasn't a mistake, though. Not that Tenya would know about that... Aizawa glanced at Izuku for a second, as if wanting to make sure he was okay with sharing this information before he said anything Izuku didn't agree on. Izuku simply nodded.