Chapter 12 - Questionable Quirk Factors

Izuku tried not to stress out, but that was kinda hard to do when he couldn't activate his quirk- couldn't activate One For All. One For All! Aizawa could tell, mentally planning out how the hell he was going to explain this to his colleagues back at UA, let alone All Might, who had no idea he even knew about this quirk to begin with. Getting the faculty on edge before the USJ had been easy. All Aizawa really had to do was point out that the person who broke in had a look at their schedule, so they should keep an extra eye out for sabotages and the like, definitely when taking students off campus.

But this...

This was something else entirely.

"What if I lost it? What if One For All isn't coming back? What if this is permanent? I don't want to be quirkless again, I don't want to go back- All Might will be so mad at me, he's never gonna want to see or talk to me ever again. What am I going to do? I can't lose it, there is so much left to do, the future will change, I'll-" Izuku muttered, spiraling down as his anxiety got the better of him.

"Deku," Aizawa called out to him, making the green head freeze up, as if caught doing something he shouldn't. "Let's just wait for the lab results to come in, alright? There is no need to panic."

"Not yet," Izuku mumbled, fidgeting with his hands as he stared down at his lap. "What if I lost it, Aizawa sensei? What if I'm the one to erase One For All out of existence?"

"If you get lost in the hypotheticals, you'll never truly enjoy what life has to offer," his teacher pointed out. "It's a lesson all hero course students learn, so I'm sure you know about it. Stop overthinking things, problem child. We'll see what has to be done after we get the results."

Eraserhead had to force Izuku to get some sleep after that. They'd been up all night and the results wouldn't be in for at least a couple more hours. Izuku couldn't sleep though, simply laying awake and staring at the ceiling. He'd gotten so used to One For All, to feeling its power coarse through his veins, to having the vestiges with him at all times, that it felt lonely without it. It was a problem he struggled with for the decade he'd been here, before All Might had handed him One For All once more. A problem Izuku didn't think he'd have, but here he was, facing this lonely emptiness inside him yet again.

It was funny, seeing as he'd never even made contact with even one of the vestiges yet, not in this world at least. Izuku failed to see the humor in that right now though. He'd debated calling Kacchan or Ochako, but he didn't want to needlessly worry them if this turned out to be a temporary thing. Besides, they were both busy with their own internships, he didn't want to distract them or ruin their fun... The text he received from Shoto made him even more tense, suddenly remembering he had a very important task to complete that evening, one where he needed his quirk to work.

It wasn't sure whether he'll have his lab results back by then, though. And even if this problem was only temporary, it didn't have to mean he'll have his quirk back by tonight. Even if it only lasted 24 hours it would still be too long... There was no way Eraserhead was allowing him to leave in his current state, either. Izuku sighed, sitting up right again and rubbing his eyes. He was running on very little sleep, had no quirk to back him up and absolutely no plan on how to take down Stain, but he'd never forgive himself if he didn't even try.

//\\
\\//

Tenya had no idea why he ever thought this was a good idea. Standing in the alley, facing the Hero Killer himself as a fellow pro hero was slumped against the wall, on the verge of being killed. No, he didn't understand why he ever thought he could take on this monster by himself. Killing children wasn't above him, like he just mentioned, which was the moment he realized he was right. Tenya was a child, a teen, and he'd acted recklessly and stupid in the name of justice- No, in the name of revenge, and now he had to see things through.