Chapter 16 - A Test of Courage

"Alright class, we'll be driving for an hour before our first bathroom stop so if you need to go, then go," Aizawa called out. "Those who aren't on the bus in ten minutes are left behind."

Izuku had gone to the bathroom at least three times before he finally got on the bus. Could you blame him? They were about to ride straight into an ambush! Katsuki didn't seem all that great either, he clearly hadn't slept the night before. Everyone who knew what was going to happen in the next few days looked rough, actually. It was no surprise, really. Aizawa could tell, too, making his way over to the ash blonde and muttering something in his ear.

"I'm fine," Katsuki grunted, turning away. "Really, I don't need your babying. Just focus on keeping the other students safe, I can handle myself."

"If you say so," Aizawa sighed, not believing his student even the slightest bit. Nonetheless, they left without any problems, arriving at the familiar cliffside a little over an hour later. The Wild Wild Pussycats welcomed them before sending their class off the cliff and straight into the forest. All members of the Assembly were already prepared for that, making sure their classmates didn't hurt themselves in the fall and quickly coordinating their attacks on the first few monsters.

Momo had created comms ahead of time and every member of the alliance had been wearing them since the bus left UA grounds to increase communication between them. They'd be separated during the attack, there was nothing they could do about that, and didn't want to go in fully blind. Aizawa had approved of it, holding onto one of the comms himself so he could check in on them when necessary. With their improved teamwork, the class made their way to camp quicker then they originally did, yet they were still just as exhausted.

Izuku tried to introduce himself to Kota again, only to get punched right underneath his stomach. Katsuki snorted, although quickly at his boyfriend's side to ask if he was okay. After that he went through the motions: putting his bags away, eating dinner, preparing himself for their bath... He found comfort in these mundane things, even though he knew for a fact they wouldn't last. Their training would be hell tomorrow, even without the upcoming villain attack.

"You sure seem to be enjoying the water."

He opened his eyes, watching Kacchan slip into the water next to him. It's been a while since he saw him naked, let alone without all the scars he'll sustain in the future. Izuku glanced at his hand at that thought. It was a lot less messed up than it had been in his previous life, there weren't even any scars to speak of yet. So maybe some things could be avoided? Then again, Momo still had signs of the burns she sustained during the sportsfestival...

"Whatcha thinking about?" Kacchan asked.

"Your flawless skin," Izuku admitted. "I-I mean! It's just-! I'm not used to seeing you like this- Uh, without, you know- Without your scars a-and-"

Katsuki laughed at his flustered rambling, simply leaning onto him and carefully taking his right hand, lifting it out of the water.

"I get what you're saying..." he sighed.

"Oi, just warning you guys that you're in a public bath, alright?" Eijirou said from a few seats away. "Try to keep it in your pants. Or well, uh, fictional pants, I guess?"

"Tch, fuck off shitty hair! We've never even-" Katsuki hissed, cutting himself off as his cheeks turned pink. Izuku felt himself turn red at the implications, hiding his face in his hands. This was so embarrassing!

"You've never what?" Eijirou frowned, his face lighting up when he realized what Katsuki was trying to say. "Man, no way! You've never-"

"Shush!" Katsuki hissed, glaring at his best friend.