getting clean | larissa weems

———❁———

tw: mention of drugs and blood

we were just over half way into the year at nevermore. i've lived at this school for a few years now and had learnt the many hiding places and escape routes of the school.

right now we're in a lockdown, something about a killer going around. not to sound like a dick but that doesn't really bother me, i can literally kill people without even touching them. however i'm taking this lockdown to my full advantage.

with no one walking the grounds of nevermore i took the opportunity to truly take in the beauty of nature, the trees and the flowers and the plants. one plant in particular.

a 'friend' of mine had got hold of some weed and had been kind enough to give some of it to me. i was already high when i went out to the woods. some pills i had got my hands on, i didn't know what they were or what they did but damn they were good.

i'm always high. i'm high in class, i'm high at lunch, dinner and breakfast. i'm high on the weekends. it's not a problem though. it's not like i'm addicted to it or anything. i could stop if i wanted, i just don't want to.

i took my time finding a good place to light it, no where that you could see the smoke or that i could be seen from the large windows of the building.

it wasn't an easy task making my way through the woods. the world was spinning and i couldn't think straight. the only thing on my mind was my undying need for a glass of water. i was so thirsty.

after spending an hour in the woods smoking, staring at my hands and throwing rocks at trees i stumbled my way towards the school.

in the process of getting back to my dorm i fell in the woods, i didn't get injured majorly but my head was bleeding a little and my clothes were covered in mud. i was pissed, i had only just washed that hoodie.

the walk back to school was a lot more difficult than it should've been. even with all the foreign substances in my bloodstream it shouldn't have been this bad.

there was definitely something in that blunt that wasn't meant to be there. this is why you don't accept drugs from people who don't like you.

i finally reached the lupin cages and sat on the cold ground for a minute. i needed a minute to get my shit together before i could even think about going anywhere.

that one minute break turned into an hour, not that i'd realised. my phone died 10 minutes in. i couldn't even move to go charge it either, i felt so drained, like i was pulling a bus behind me while i walked.

the hour and a half it took to get back was painfully slow. every step felt like a mile and every breath burned my lungs. blood dripped from the gash on my eyebrow, staining my clothing.

walking up the stairs to my dorm was the worst paint i've ever experienced. i couldn't stop and catch my breath, i was right outside weems' office door and if she caught me i'd be six feet under faster than i could blink. 

there was no explanation, excuse or reason that could get me out of this. i was higher than a kite and i looked it too. even i could smell the weed on me, i was coated in mud and dried blood. i looked as if  i had been assaulted.