chalkboard | taylor swift

———❁———

we're in week 1,392,586,313 of lockdown.

that's a bit dramatic but it definitely feels that way.

mama and i get bored very easily and we're constantly looking for things to do.

a few days ago i sent her a tiktok of some guy painting his kids wall with chalkboard paint.

the next thing i know mama is on amazon and three pots of the stuff show up on our doorstep.

of course we got to work right away. i grabbed all the supplies from the garage while she prepped the wall.

we went with the wall in our office/ junk room. it's mostly used for online interviews and other boring stuff like that.

laying down the plastic we didn't even bother changing into 'painting clothes'.

i only took my hoodie off because it's selena gomez merch. wouldn't want to break aunties heart by ruining it.

immediately after dipping the first paintbrush in the pot we had already spilled some on the carpet.

during the process we had both become covered in the black paint.

personally i blame mama. she got a bit too carried away with her dancing to her song 'shake it off' and i think she forgot she had the brush in her hand.

she of course disagrees but she barely graduated so i don't trust her opinion.

after the wall had been fully covered we raced to the guest room shower. 

neither of us wanted to clean the paint from our own showers as well as the carpet so the guest bathroom was the only option.

she runs like a baby giraffe so i won by a landslide, leaving her to clean the carpet. loser.

it's what she gets for dipping her finger in the paint and wiping it on my nose.

i only forgave her because she did that cute nose scrunch, can't stay mad at her after she pulls that move.

i was quick when washing my hair so i could  go tell mama to clean her stinky butt.

she took forever trying to get the paint out her hair and she came back to find me sat on my butt, pointing a hairdryer at the wall.

she plopped down next to me and rested her head on my shoulder.

i turned to place a gentle kiss on her curly hair.

"whatcha doinnnn...?"

"drying the wall. it takes too long. wanna draw now."

she only replied with a hum and got up, returning with her own hairdryer.

for a good 20 minutes we both sat and pointed hair dryers at this wall in an attempt to use it soon.

what they say about watching paint dry is true, it's mind numbingly dull.

as soon as the paint was dry and we had our snack break (chocolate chip cookies) we ripped open the amazon box and pulled out packets of chalk.

she went to one side of the wall and i went to the other.

both concentrating like we were performing surgery.i looked over to find her tongue poking out her mouth and her brow furrowed.

i stepped back with a sigh to admire my beautiful work.

it was just the word wiener, but each letter was an individual picture of a wiener dog bent in the shape of its letter.

while i was drawing i had to stop myself from giggling at my hilarious artwork.

mama on the other hand had drawn a picture of our cats.

clearly two very different mindsets.

she looked over at mine and just started giggling like a little boy. that caused me to join in on her laughter.

tears were flowing down my cheeks as we write other stupid words and phrases down on the board.

my favourite was 'why you no love wieners'. not only a mockery of j*hn microwave but also a gay joke.

it was too good.

mama and went well into the everyday laughing at this stupid chalkboard.

eventually sitting down in the massive beanbag to admire our beautiful new decoration.

she snapped a quick photo putting it on her instagram story.

we spent the rest of the night cuddled up on the beanbag covered in chalk only moving to add the occasional smiley face of penis drawing to the board.

———❁———

707 words.

one from the ideas board for once. i'm going to try and get some more done from my notes app bc some of them are actually pretty good.

in the meantime, enjoy this shirt taylor story.

hope you enjoyed.

marley :)