trick or treat | boygenius

———❁———

halloween was the favourite holiday in the 'genius' house hold.

the family loved dressing up and going trick or treating.

they loved watching all the scary movies ever made.

the boys in particular loved seeing their little one dressed up in different costumes.

this year the quartet were going as characters from toy story.

lucy was little bo peep, phoebe was jessie, julien was woody and y/n was buzz light year.

lucy had specifically sprayed y/ns hair with purple hairspray to give it the full effect.

y/n loved their little costume and so did the boys. julien could stop taking pictures of her adding to the thousands of pictures she already had of y/n in her camera roll.

they all left the house at 6 ready to go get all the candy they could hold.

after 2 hours they got around to 70% of the neighbourhood when y/n started to get tired.

their little legs couldn't take much more of the walking. adding the weight of their pillow case filled with candy.

lucy tried to convince the 4 year old that it was time to head home.

she placed a reassuring hand on the little ones back "come on bubs, you've got so much candy aren't you ready to go watch hocus pocus and get in your jammies?"

the four year old thought about it for a moment. they did love their pumpkin pyjamas. she matched with her parents.

but they wanted to see all the decorations first.

"nu uh mama, keep going." the looked up and the tall black haired woman, tilting their hair to the side. "please?"

lucy sighed, "okay darling. at least let dada hold your candy"

"hey! how did i get roped into that!?" julien exclaimed.

phoebe laughed, throwing her head back. "oh don't act like you don't love it woody" she chuckled again, slapping the front of julens cowboy hat so that she couldn't see.

julien only pouted, pushing the hat back up her forehead and taking the pillow case from her toddler.

phoebe held onto y/ns hand as she tried to hype her up. phoebe wanted to make sure they saw the whole neighbourhood before she got too sleepy.

making their way to the last street y/ns feet began dragging against the pavement.

the last couple of houses they went to were virtually out of candy.

a couple people over the course of the evening had commented on the family's outfits including the last house they saw.

the old woman got down to y/ns level to compliment her hair and all they could get out of the kid was a sleepy 'thank you and an eye rub'

that's when lucy decided. she knelt down on the sidewalk and held y/ns cheek, rubbing it softly with her thumb.

"come on bubs, time for hocus pocus."

y/n reached their arms out to their mama. silently asking to go up.

lucy gave the boys the look of 'we're going to have one sleepy kid later' and picked them up.

nestling into their mamas neck they started to feel the cold too. their dinosaur coat on top of their costume wasn't doing it anymore, they wished their mommy had made them put their hat on.

the trio walked home with the toddler barely keeping her eyes open. julien unlocked the front door and put the sack of candy down by the hall table.

they all walked into the house closing the door behind them, taking their shoes off in the walkway.

phoebe carefully pulled off her baby's shoes while lucy held her tightly.

phoebe and lucy took their little one upstairs to the bathroom.

phoebe took y/n out of lucy's arms so she could fill the sink with warm water.

they had to get the hairspray out before bedtime but they both decided that a bath wasn't the best idea.

lucy washed the hairspray out slowly, using a de-tangling brush along the way.

y/n wriggled a little in phoebes hold. the water disturbed her sleep a little.

eventually getting all the colour out lucy took her baby girl back and headed to the toddlers bedroom.

sitting on the corner of the bed lucy very slowly pulled the buzz light year costume off and changed it out for her pumpkin pyjamas.

y/n remained mostly asleep for most of the bedtime routine. their little fingers had a firm grip on lucy's pink checkered dress.

phoebe came over placing a soft kiss on the toddler's forehead before lucy put her down in the dinosaur themed bed.

lucy turned on the nightlight before insuring that y/n was completely tucked in and snuggled up with their teddy and marvel blanket

lucy turned on the nightlight before insuring that y/n was completely tucked in and snuggled up with their teddy and marvel blanket. the pair then quietly made their way out of the toddlers room.

heading over to their own room they got changed into their matching pumpkin pyjamas and went downstairs to find julien already on the couch.

her costume had been tossed aside as she sat in just a plain white t-shirt and some boxers.

hocus pocus played on the tv in front of them as the trio enjoyed their evening.

making their way upstairs with maxine they looked into y/ns room to find them fast asleep, teddy tucked under their arm.

it was a perfect halloween.

———❁———

890 words.

i've literally had this in my drafts for 2 weeks and i forgot to post it on halloween 💀

boygenius' outfits for halloween tho🧎. we will never forget julien christ.

hope you enjoyed :)

marley <3