HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! | natasha romanoff

———❁———

23:50, december 2nd 2023. mamas 39th birthday is in 10 minutes.

i have it all planned out. i'm making mama breakfast before we walk through central park, then we're going to hit the vinyl store and she's  picking out some cool new ones she's wanted for a while.

then, we're heading to the bookstore where again she gets to get anything she wants.

after the bookstore we of course have to stop for coffee and a cinnamon roll. final destination of the morning is back to the house where everyone will be waiting for the party.

mamas not big on parties so i'm keeping it simple. wanda, maria, carol and valkyrie, her parents and lena, tony and pepper, clint, laura and the kids. plus the other og avengers.

mama hates having big gatherings so everyone will be gone by 5. except Wanda of course, being mamas girlfriend and all.

she's coming to meet us for coffee on the morning adventure to stop mama from getting suspicious but she said she should stay at home to oversee the set up of the party.

wandas been helping me learn how to cook for mama's birthday breakfast.

i definitely inherited her ability to cook as well as her eyes and fiery hair, well lack of ability so to speak.

wanda is definitely the cook of the house. mama and i are clean up crew and also the idiots who sit on the counter and ask stupid questions like 'what's that?' while wanda cuts bell peppers.

i've officially mastered breakfast foods greater than cereal and toast. the toast is still a bit ropey actually.

now i can make pancakes and eggs and bacon. all of mamas favourites.

23:55. time to get up, the plan is in motion.

i throw on my Garfield christmas socks and grab mamas presents from on top of my closet, heading towards her room quietly.

using my elbow to push the door handle down the hinges squeak a little as i use my back to get the door open.

i really should've made two trips with these presents, too late now.

mama is fast asleep on her side of the bed, wandas side however is empty.

there's no time to find the ginger however, i'm wasting time just thinking about it.

i put the gifts down on mamas desk and turn to the bed, throwing myself in the empty space.

mama grunts loudly as the bed dips and the wood creaks beneath us.

landing on my stomach i rest my chin on her shoulder after she rolls over to look at me.

"happy birthday mama" i whisper softly, leaving a kiss on her nose.

she smiles widely, "hi baby, thank you"

"how does it feel to be a year older?"

stretching a little she shuffles to get a better look at me, "i don't feel older, in my mind i'm still 26"

i laugh a little at her, "well you look old"

she shoves my shoulder making me roll onto my back "that's so rude, you must now make up for it"

"how do you want me to do that?" i ask, snuggling up to her.