assault | weems and thornhill

———❁———

tw: homophobia, transphobia, physical assault, language.

it was time to take my shower of the day.

dinner was over and everyone had emptied out of the common room, all returning to their rooms for the night.

i always hated showering. for as long as i could remember i had always hated getting in the shower. or taking my clothes off in general.

that feeling of discomfort i get even thinking about it makes my skin crawl.

i'd always disliked my body. but not in the way girls are supposed to hate their bodies.

my chest wasn't flat enough, my hips were too wide. my shoulders not wide enough.

i was always grateful for my height however. at just 14 i was coming close to 5'10.

that was all thanks to my mama, who also happened to be the principal of my school.

my mama and mom, marylin thornhill are both teachers at nevermore. it surprisingly made my life better.

people were always kind to me and i had quite a few friends. all genuinely nice people.

that couldn't be said for everyone however.

my whole life i had always known that i wasn't like everyone else. first discovering that i was gay at 7, then realising i was trans at 12.

some people pointing out my differences and choosing to ridicule them.

my moms have been brilliant about it all. well obviously because they're gay too but even about my transition.

they paid for my top surgery i had 4 months ago and they had never once deadnamed me. mama ensured my name was changed in the school system for my first year of high school.

i love my moms more than anything. they're my safe space. without them it would have taken me so much longer to find who i am.

walking around my door room i picked up the things i needed for my shower.

"enid have you seen my towel?" i yelled to my roommate while digging around in my closet.

"it's on your desk y/n!" she called back.

i walked over to the oak desk, ignoring all the dirty clothes and school books covering the furniture, grabbing my towel and throwing it over my shoulder.

getting ready to leave but not before texting my mom.

'about to head in the shower. i'll come find you after <3'

'alright sweetie your mama and i are in her office but will be in the apartment when you're done xx'

our family had our own apartment on the school grounds. normally i would stay there but this past year i wanted to share with two of my friends, wednesday and enid.

staying in the dorms was interesting to say the least. i had to use the shared bathroom on the girls floor.

least favourite experience ever by far. i would use my shower at home but it was the other side of campus and it was raining.

i just decided to shower, dump my stuff at my dorm and run over to meet my parents.

i walked through the dimly lit hallways admiring the paintings hung on the spruce walls.

it was around 9:55 when i reached the showers. the smell of stingy water and deodorant practically imbedded in the white tiled walls.

i preferred this time to use the facilities because curfew was in 5 minutes and no one would be in here.