A Possible Complication

Start from the beginning

"Good that he did here," Lash noted. "And we can probably thank him for leveraging that Vorinov commander into doing the same with very little effort as well."

Dru looked up at him.

"Do you think we'll find any Vorinov and Nosferatu liliths amongst the forty Kassidy just liberated, my love?"

Lash frowned. It was a good question. No Vorinov or Nosferatu liliths were present in the original thirty or so they had liberated from Esbjerg, which he had thought odd. Perhaps it was because Romescu had cached any he had taken from the two Eastern powerhouses here, in Krakow.

"I suspect so," he said, looking back down at her. "We didn't find any amongst the initial group we rescued. But Romanescu was feverishly anti-lilith so I can't see him and his group passing over the handful of queens your clan has. Or those of Vorinov." His expression tightened.

"And in consideration of that, I find myself grateful that you were already at NachtFeuer when all the abductions started happening!"

Dru lifted a hand to tenderly touch Lash's face as she smiled reassuringly.

"Me too," she said, her fingers caressingly tracing over the lines of his cheek and jaw. "Because I found you there." She went up on her tiptoes to gently kiss him, making a happy sound when he gathered her in to deepen the kiss for a moment.

With a final caress, she drew back and looked at the screen.

"I could only hope my extensive M'tada contingent would've been enough to keep him from looking in my direction." It was her turn to tighten her expression. "I know I had sisters that weren't so well protected there."

"Regardless, we won't know until we decant these liliths from their containment suits," Lash said, his expression becoming thoughtful. He then nodded in satisfaction as, with its fans spinning up to full power, the last of the ShadowEagles lifted out of the space between the old factory buildings and began ascending to its cruising altitude.

"Kassidy, what's your status?" he lifted his voice to say.

"We've cleared the base and are heading out," the Silver Legion commander replied. "Light casualties, fourteen traitors in custody, forty two liliths rescued but still in stasis. Does Hunters' Fjord have the facility space to decant our recovered queens?"

"We have forty plus beds, yes," Lash answered. "But, with your legion and the Dragon's Own now garrisoned here in preparation for the assault on the Nocturnum, we're running lean on space for them to roam while they recover."

"Understood. I'll send a quick communication to Lord Commander Atrix and ask them if NachtFeuer can take them."

"Thank you. The traitors, however, those we'll take. Master Vulcrum will have some questions for them, I think."

"Roger that, Lord Commander. I'll advise you on NachtFeuer's answer. Kassidy out."

As the connection ended, Dru looked back up at Lash.

"I don't think NachtFeuer will take them, love," she bluntly indicated. "They have enough liliths there to protect and feed, their resources are getting stretched by this point. I don't want to deny sisters the castle's protection but NachtFeuer can only do so much. And I wouldn't want them billeting down in the Night Market. It's too vulnerable to attack."

Returning her look with a thoughtful one of his own, Lash slowly nodded. With her experience as a senior sister that spent considerable time at the Conclave's headquarters, Dru would be better equipped to make a proper assessment of what the castle could provide in terms of resources and protection than him.

"We'll have to reorganize the billets for the queens we have here now, perhaps get two or three in each apartment," he said, still looking at her. "But I think we could pull it off. And I'll tell Logistics to quadruple the pull from our sources and stores to make sure we have everything we need on hand."

"You leave the billeting to me, my love," Dru said with a smile. "I'll grab Fiadh, Meredith, and maybe Sofia and we'll pull the rest of my sisters together and work things out. You just worry about getting Kassidy and her troops back here. We'll take care of the rest!"

"Thank you, Dru," Lash sincerely said, bending down to kiss her, a kiss she fervently returned, holding his face with both hands to extend it. "I certainly appreciate you and the mistresses taking care of this situation."

"Of course, my love," she replied brightly. "We'll get those girls squared away." She reached up for another kiss. "I'll let you know how it goes!" And, with a final kiss, she was heading with a happy skip towards the command center's entrance, obviously pleased to have a major responsibility to take care of.