A Helping Hand

A shift of light, and Lash, Fiadh and the Storm Wolf Jeriko were standing on the landing platform just outside the hidden Qos Viran base, Lash and Fiadh still wearing their Qos Viran tactical fatigues. Thankfully the Storm Wolves, a militant order within Mordecai's inverted psionic faction, also favored military tactical fatigues and she was dressed very similarly to them, just in a shade of dark gray instead of black. Her golden blonde hair pulled into a functional braid, and wearing a significantly more serious expression than she had in Mordecai's lair, the Storm Wolf commander looked ready for battle.

She returned Lash's questioning look with a steady nod. Then the three of them were striding towards the nearly invisible door and the access panel that would open it.

"Captain Kingsguard," the base's AI said. "You wished to be advised when the Lord Commander returned from his medical flight to Stockholm."

Naryan looked up.

"Affirmative, Hunter. Has he arrived?"

"Affirmative, Captain, along with Night Mistress Fiadh and the medical specialist she brought from Stockholm."

Every head in the medical bay looked towards the door when it opened to allow Lash, Fiadh and Jeriko to step through. Then the Storm Wolf was being ignored as Lash found himself the center of attention for Ventru and legionnaires alike.

It started with quick embraces between comrades from first Truk, then Ballan and Fordricht.

"Good to have you back, boss," Ballan said with a relieved smile as Narcist next hugged him, a more emotional and personal thing that Absinthe repeated but a bit shorter.

"Good to be back, Bal," Lash replied with a smile of his own, shaking the French vampire's hand around Absinthe. Fordricht was next, the North African grinning from ear to ear.

"You never cease to amaze, my friend," he said, giving Lash's arm a hearty shake with the tattooed vampiress moving back. Then it was Tanner stepping close, shaking her head in amazement before hugging him.

"Glad to see your Ventru mates were right about your bounce back, Lash," she said, stepping back. "You are legendary!"

"Thank you," he managed before Naryan was sliding past Tanner to take a tight hold of him.

That embrace was filled with much more emotion than either Lash or Naryan initially intended to show in front of the rest. But, in the end it was real and honest.

"I can't say I like this habit of yours," Naryan hoarsely whispered as she clung to him, trembling with the power of her emotions and fighting the need to kiss him.

"This nearly dying all the time!"

"It is getting a bit tiresome, to be honest," he whispered back, his words making her squeeze that much harder.

She managed to pull back just before everybody else began feeling uncomfortable with the length of their embrace. Only to be supplanted by Ellie, Meredith, and Dru.

Jeriko watched the company greet the return of their leader with a thoughtful expression. Then she leaned over to a sadly smiling Fiadh and said in perfect vampiric:

"He's a popular fellow, your Lash," she noted.

Fiadh's expression brightened with pride.

"He has shown them what it means to lead through example, honor, and courage, never wavering from one's moral compass," she said before looking at Jeriko. "He has fought beside them and for them, sacrificing everything to keep them safe."