Cadiz

The bullpen was being reset for the operation in Cadiz when the entrance to the command center pulsed open. Hearing the door open, then close, the observers turned as one to see if it was Lash returning at last having dealt with the sleeper issue amongst the liliths. And every face split with a smile to indeed see it was him. Only to have those smiles falter slightly to discover he wasn't alone.

Unexpectedly they found the big vampire flanked by Inaya, the Indian lilith, and Sofia, the Italian queen. Both were walking close enough to him that their hips were brushing against his legs as they walked, their expressions intent as Lash made what appeared to be a rather important point.

As if they heard some silent signal, the three abruptly looked up, first to the group of observers. Then to the bullpen screens, now fully switched over to the Cadiz operation, one screen showing a high-altitude view of the Spanish port, and another a satellite image from orbit.

"Is the operation against Giovanni already done, my sisters?" Sofia asked and the three liliths there found themselves frowning at a change in the Italian lilith's attitude that matched the one Dru had demonstrated when she had arrived in the command center for the first time since her lockdown. No longer brash, and emotional, demanding and petulant, she was engaged and energized, confident, and willing to speak and connect with her fellow liliths. Still possessing the energy of her Mediterranean upbringing, it was now channeled and focused, giving her a sense of purpose they didn't see there before.

And as channeled and focused Sofia was, Inaya was also energetic and engaged, the incredibly beautiful lilith going from silent and withdrawn, to purposeful and talkative. They found her looking at them with excitement in her eyes and a carefree lightness to her steps as they approached.

"Okay," Naryan found herself saying, her expression confused. "Who the hell are these two women? And what happened to Inaya and Sofia??"

Fiadh favored the Force Recon officer with a quick look. Then she stepped forward with a rueful smile.

"I'm afraid so, Sofia," she said, the Italian greeting her with a warm embrace. "By a couple of minutes or so."

"Ah. A shame." The smile quickly returned. "But we have him, don't we? Giancarlo Giovanni."

"Tagged and bagged," Naryan said with a confirming nod.

"Outstanding," Sofia replied, clenching her fist and giving it a pump in victory. "We will wash the stain of our shame away with his blood!"

"Whoa." Meredith grinned as she looked over at Dru, Naryan and Narcist. "See? Somebody knows how to maximize their Lash time!"

"Ha!" Dru said with a broad smile, pointing at Naryan. "That's what's different!"

While they chuckled, Inaya made her way to stand beside Narcist.

"Specialist Narcist. It's my understanding you're Lash's technical expert," she said, earning herself a raised brow and a quick look over at a smiling Lash by Narcist.

"It's been my honor to assist him with many technical matters, yes, Mistress," she said, bringing her eyes back to the brightly smiling Indian lilith.

"That's incredible," Inaya said, her smile excited. "I would like to learn more about such things so I can join Fiadh, Meredith and Druzha on the battlefield, supporting House Lash in its operations. Do you mind if I ask you some questions? And please, call me Inaya."

It had the same level of earnestness that Isla had when the Australian lilith had tried to get her European sisters to teach her how to be a lilith in Fortress Europe. But there was also a significant amount of intelligence behind those beautiful brown eyes, and the earnestness was leavened by a good amount of sincerity, which allowed Inaya to avoid the over-the-top enthusiasm Isla seemed to carry with her.