Polish Slave Market

Lash was getting onto the elevator to ride to the floor where Isabella had her room when his smart phone beeped in his pocket. While not technically injured, Isabella had been hurt in her emotions and psyche by the passing of her fellow Toreador Gabriella. And he fully intended on checking in with her.

But his phone had gone off precisely when Kassidy said she would have her battle plan prepared. Sliding it free, he hit stop on the elevator and held the phone to his ear.

"This is Lash, go."

"Kassidy here, Lord Commander. I am sending my battle plan to your handset now," the bluff Silver Legion officer's voice indicated.

"Understood," Lash said as his phone beeped to indicate it had received a file via the base's wireless network. "Standby while I review."

"Standing by."

Lash opened the file and began scanning through the dense lines of text, pausing to look over the various illustrations and maps she had included. Then:

"Your plan has been approved, Colonel. I expect wheels up in ten minutes."

"They will be, my Lord Commander," Kassidy said, a note of pleased satisfaction in her voice. "We'll be back victorious in five hours or less."

"I will look for you then, Colonel Kassidy. Strength and Honor to the Silver Legion!"

Ending the call, he hit the 'resume' button on the control panel and the elevator moved smoothly back into motion. Then the door was opening and he was striding down the hallway towards Isabella's apartment.

She was seated at the apartment's small work desk, carefully writing a letter, when he stepped in through the door. Hearing him enter, she looked up, eyes surprised. Only to stand a heartbeat later and throw herself into his arms.

"Oh Lash!" she sobbed into his chest as he held her close. "My poor Gabby! Those monsters killed her!"

"They will pay for what they did to Gabriella," he tautly replied. "You have my vow on it!"

"Please, Lash. Please, make them bleed and suffer!"

"I will," Lash replied as Isabella squeezed him tightly. "I will put the stakes into their hands and feet myself!"

They fell into silence for several long moments as Lash comforted the grieving Spanish lilith. Then Isabella turned her head just enough to look up at him.

"I know you are a busy vampire, mi amor, but do you have enough time to hold me for a while? I truly need your comfort and presence as my heart breaks for my sister!"

"Of course, Isabella," Lash said, kissing her on top of the head, a frequent gesture of comfort for him recently as he was so much taller than the vampiresses he was comforting.

It was a very careful entanglement in her bed, Lash pulling the Spanish lilith close and letting her weave her arms and legs around him, doing his best to keep things from getting sexual so he could focus on comforting her in her time of need. Comfortable and warm, it wasn't long before the tears came out and Isabella began the healing process by letting go of the pain. And it wasn't long after that, that she fell asleep, exhausted by the drain on her emotions and spirit.

Holding her close, Lash remained awake for a long while as his mind sorted over everything that had happened recently. Including Isla admitting she was in love with her fellow Pacific lilith, something Lash had begun to suspect after Isla tried to get Cassie to share Lash with her. And his suspicions were confirmed with how distraught the Australian lilith was when she found Cassie suffering from the effects of the implanted trigger in her brain.