A Return to the Hunt

A glance at the chrono on the wall then Fiadh was back to packing a duffel bag with the equipment she had been accumulating ever since joining Lash's small Ventru company. According to the big vampire, he had made arrangements for heavy transports to go and pick up a full legion and a half of Silver Legion troops to garrison Hunters' Fjord and keep the rescued liliths safe while they restart their hunt for the rogue Ventru High Born, Anna van Tallert.

A light tap on the door made her pause her packing.

"Come," she said, looking over at the door. And smiled when it slid aside to admit Meredith, the blonde lilith wearing her hair in a tidy bun that had a sheathed dagger in its midst holding it together, and carrying her own duffel bag on her shoulder.

"Hey," she said with a bright smile, stepping in to give her a quick half hug and a kiss on the cheek. "You just about ready? I thought it'd be nice to walk down to the muster area together."

"Just about," Fiadh replied with a warm smile of her own. In the time since they were at NachtFeuer, the two had become friends, brought together by their mutual love of a certain giant vampire, and their efforts to help him keep Ventru from being destroyed by an unjust pogrom.

With Meredith looking on with interest, she put her spare set of neuron armor into the bag and zipped it closed before holstering her Stinger once she ensured it had a full magazine of charged flechettes. Her spare magazines went into their holders on her utility belt then she was grabbing her duffel by its strap and flashes a smile over at Meredith.

"Okay, let's go!" And together they stepped out of the small apartment Lash had given her to use.

It was a quick journey from the cluster of apartments the adjunct liliths had been given, to the muster area just down the hallway from the command center. But they had only gotten halfway before Narcist joined them.

"Honored Mistresses," the Ventru tech said respectfully, nodding to each in turn before falling in beside Fiadh. "Looks like you're ready to travel."

"Well, when the big man says pack your things, experience has taught me I need to pay attention," the Irish lilith said with a grin. Narcist chuckled as she nodded in agreement. Then they were stepping through a sliding double door and into the muster area.

The muster area was originally designed as a briefing area for officers with a view of the command center and the strategy room on the opposite side. Today, however, it was being used by the adjunct sisters to gather in one spot to make sure they weren't left behind when Lash's task force left Hunters' Fjord.

Continuing through the door, Fiadh went straight to the cart where the duffels belonging to the other liliths were already stacked. Adding hers, and Meredith, hers as well, the Irish lilith stepped back as the cart, a motorized drone that was programmed to take their equipment to their assigned Nighthawk, came alive with a ripple of lights across its control panel. It then sunk out of sight on a previously invisible elevator, using the base's internal logistics system to move to the hangar where the gunships waited.

That done, she turned and paused to give her fellow liliths a measuring look. The one Australian, Isla Martin, she had already met. Her fellow Australian, however, Cassie Botha, a tall and athletic vampiress of Maori descent, she hadn't met. Decorated with tribal tattoos on her face, Cassie was heads together with Isla as they charted out what they needed to do.

In the time since she had met Isla in the galley, the Irish lilith had been informed that both Isla and Cassie had gone through some sort of shearing ritual to remove their connections to House and Clan. Directly after that ritual, Isla had asked to be permanently attached to House Lash via the Embrace.