Chapter 14: Conclave

Lash let a slow breath ease out his nostrils as he let the reverberations of their latest lovemaking wash through his body.

"Damn you, pretty boy," Naryan said as her breathing slowed. "How dare you become so much better at making a woman feel good! How dare you!"

"You still make that cute little sound when you start cumming," he pointed out, looking over at her with a grin. "I loved hearing that sound." She giggled.

"Even with your ears covered by my thighs? Ha! You still have that ferocious orgasm face you make!" She reached out and tenderly caressed the side of his face. "Just more manly, now."

"You know something? I'm both relieved and so very glad it was you that helped me make sure I still worked," he quietly said, his grin fading. "Like it was meant to be."

Naryan blinked away sudden tears at hearing the emotion in Lash's voice as she caressed his face again before rolling towards him to kiss him deeply.

"That's because it was," she whispered into his mouth before kissing him again. "Time and distance aside, I will always be there for you, Lash. Best friends for life?"

"Best friends for life," Lash responded with a whisper of his own, reaching out to pull her onto him.

Straddling him with a smile, Naryan began to re-engage. Only to have them both stiffen when a brisk knock at the door pulled their attention to it.

"Yes?" Lash called out.

"I would like a word with you, Lord Lash," came the easily recognizable voice of the Nosferatu lilith Druzha. "That is, if you're finished with our good Captain Kingsguard."

"Yes, he is, Mistress Druzha," Naryan lifted her voice to say. She quickly re-engaged anyway, stroking several times before squeezing him with her inner muscles as she leaned down to kiss him deeply. Then they were both scrambling apart to pull clothing on.

The door swung open on the faintly smiling lilith, Naryan, her bun slightly askew, quickly saluting with respect.

"Night Mistress," she said formally. She then turned to Lash and reached out to take his forearm in a good hold, giving it a squeeze before letting it go.

"Good to catch up with a fellow Ventru," she said with a polite smile. "Hope to see you around the castle in the near future, my lord. Strength and honor to House Lash." Then, with a final look, smile and nod to Druzha, she turned to briskly walk down the hallway.

Druzha watched her go for a moment, her expression a mixture of amusement and thoughtfulness. A quick glance at the four guards standing watch yielded that, if they had thoughts on the situation, they were keeping them firmly to themselves. Then she looked back at a patiently waiting Lash.

"Good to see you back on your feet, my lord," she said, her smile brightening slightly. "May I come in? I'd like to speak with you for a moment about our next Conclave."

Knowing that the small officer's quarters was heavily laden with the scent of his and Naryan's recent love making, he hesitated, not wanting to be indelicate.

"No need to be unnecessarily polite, Lord Lash," Druzha primly noted. "I'm not a Hestian Virgin." She looked into the interior of the chamber beyond. "I'm not offended by the scent of vampires enjoying each other." Then she was sweeping past him, forcing Lash to stand aside to let her by then follow her in.

"You may close the door," Druzha indicated with a gesture as she looked around the spare chamber. "So this is where the Silver Legion puts its officers now, hey? Now I don't feel so bad about the quarters I grant my own M'tada officers."