Chapter eighty-nine

"Do you miss it there?" I nodded thinking of the memories. "I meant inside the palace, with him." It took me quite a while before I looked at her. "I miss Seol, aunt." The few weeks that I stayed here was devastating to me.

There were times in the middle of the night where I'd wake up, thinking of feeding Seol only to realize that I left her. I shouldn't even be attached to her and I did it anyway.

She's just a baby after all. "Tell me dear, how was Majesty?" I smiled at her, not wanting to talk about him. "Come on dear~ any woman would want the chance to know him the way you did."

"Well.. he's.. Caring and loving to his daughter. He knows just how to be a good father-"

"No dear, I meant, to you.." i took the pitcher full of cranberry juice and poured her a cup before mine. "He's.. uptight, he's very territorial and hurtful."

"Hmm, how so?" i shaked my head, "aunt, I don't want to remember him, please." I pouted to her and she chuckled. "No, continue, I want to know our King before I die someday. I used to see him before, a little kid that has no facial expression other than a scowling face."

"So I've been told." I chuckled to her. "He's just always protective of me when it comes to men, aunt, and it's suffocating, and he has an immense desire-"my eyes widened when it just slipped out of my mouth.

"I-It came out wrong, sorry aunt." she chimes a chuckle while she takes a sip on her cup. "It seems to me that he's a great lover?"

"Oh I wish aunt, you wouldn't want to see him mad.." I sarcastically said, "and he isn't a lover, if anything, he sees you like an object.."

"Why'd you stay after the baby has grown?" she suddenly asked. It took me by surprise that I have no appropriate response for it. "The baby can do just fine with baby formula." a smile then creeps on her face.

"Well, he asked me to stay for a while, aunt." she then hums, holds my hand, "it seems i hold a different perspective than what i'm imposed to see." She then stands up and pats my hand before going out, smiling.

-

Two more days passed. Nothing. I'm losing patience trying to hide.

Aunt and I are currently cooking dinner. It was a tiring day for us both to tend the barn, fields and the house.

"Aunt-"

"Shh!" she suddenly shushed me and I tried to listen to what she was trying to hear. We both looked at each other and I wasted no time running to the barn. Cars. a number of them.

Oh God! I forgot to grab the flashlight on the way out! Argh! The bunker is so dark!

I hurriedly went to the bunker and lifted the door open. Oh God, it's so heavy! I quickly went down and did my best to carefully close it on my way down.

I pant as it's so dark, there are rays of light passing from the floorboards but it's not enough, I feel dizzy here.

I covered my mouth to not emit any sound from my heavy breathing when I heard footsteps rush in here.

"Check everywhere." I heard someone strictly commanded. Seems like the commander of the royal guards.. or however they're supposed to be addressed.

I heard the buckets fall from the floor, objects being moved, tossed, turned upside down for minutes.

I froze when I heard the door of the bunker being pried open. They must've seen it now. I quickly went to the farthest part of this bunker- hmp!

I fell and grazed my knee but I had to quickly get up and pat the surrounding area.

I felt this cold metal and hid behind it. I just know this is the tank, aside from the feel to the touch, i remembered this when aunt Mona was showing this bunker.

The door of the bunker was then opened. My heart feels like it will explode from fear.

I can see light trying to flash this way. I'm praying in my mind as I panic deep inside.

Footsteps echoed inside as they climbed down the ladder. I tucked my head on my knees as I heard them approaching.

"A woman was seen running to the forest, after her!" Someone commanded and feets scurried to get out of this bunker and I don't know who she may be, but I want to thank her.

I carefully checked and peaked, this barn looks and sounds deserted now. But it's too risky to go out.

I should stay here until aunt Mona says so.

-

I woke up slowly, feeling hands on my arm. I opened my eyes and gasped.

O-Oh it's aunt Mona. "It's already morning, they stayed for the whole night trying to check every house here dear, how have you been?" She checked my body with a flashlight and gasped when she saw my knee.

"What happened??" I felt my body get more sore from fatigue from yesterday and sleeping in a cold, hard place when I tried to stand up. "Oh my, and you didn't even have dinner, poor child. Come, we'll eat together."

She helped me get out of the bunker and the sight of the barn is.. out of order, the hays are scattered all over, the equipments are obviously checked. "I apologize aunt.. This happened-"

"Aish, child, that doesn't matter to me. Let us go inside and I will tend your wound."

-

"A-Ah!" I winced in pain as she pats my wound that has dried blood on it.

I just finished eating and I'm relieved that it's all over. All.. over.. "I apologize dear, but the wound is too big to not hurt."

"N-No aunt, I.." I then sighed, "I want to thank you for keeping me safe, aunt." She placed the cotton down. "Of course dear, I was once just like you."