Chapter thirty-two

"You may choose something small and simple, how about I give you this instead." A paper bag is placed on my hands.

"Hmm?" I looked at her and there seemed to be a lot inside. I wanted to look- "you must look at it once you got home"

"Are you really sure ma'am?" She nodded with a smile. "Thank you." I bowed and smiled.

They are so kind, but they might not make any money because of this.

I walked again and this night was so lovely. I hope the music plays forever, the people keep dancing and the lights are always bright and happy with colors.

Oh there are even booth games and such. I see a wedding booth and I quickly went to have a look.

Two teenagers are about to kiss already. The boy removed the veil and he took the girl's face and kissed it. Everyone cheered. Awee, so cute.

Marriage.. hmm..

I walked further then someone is calling me. I looked and it's another seller. Oh no. Please, not another free shopping spree.

Should I just pretend I did not see her.. "Young lady, the seller is calling for you." Oh damn it. I thanked the old man and proceeded to go to the stall.

Bags this time? "Young lad-"

"I-I'm good ma'am thank you" I quickly shot a smile and turned around to run. "No wait!"

Aish! I closed my eyes as I couldn't ignore her. It's just not in me. "Please choose."

I turned around. "Ma'am, I'm sorry, but I do not have cash in me."

"It is not such a big fuss about, go and pick" she encourages. "Please, i can't, you should sell them to have more money." She shakes her head.

"Please, and you are the third seller to behave this way ma'am, i can't." I softly said.

"My my my~ such a thoughtful one indeed, no wonder~" she looks at me in awe. What does she mean? "I'm sorry ma'am, but what?"

"I meant to say, I wasn't wrong to pick you." She smiled. "Thank you ma'am."

Wow these sellers are so sweet but isn't it a bit odd that this happened three times in a row? I should go home after this.

"Please, take your time and choose." I hung my head low. This is a crime.

I walked to where the bags were. Petite, big, simple, sumptuous, colorful, plain, animal skins, leather.

All bags have their own personalities, but nothing seems to fit me.. i further scrutinized the shelves.

Ah! This one, just the right size, black, has a handle and a sling strap. "How much would this cost ma'am?"

"Perfect!" She didn't even entertain my question.. it must be expensive? "Oh ma'am i'll change it-"

"No this is perfect!" She quickly took it and wrapped it up and placed it in a box. Yeah, I'm going home.

-

"Y/n!!" Oh shit, not another one. I started running. Oh no i can't run that well with the hanbok that i'm wearing, it might get stained with dirt or mud.

I still sprinted. "Y/n!" Argh I'm carrying too much! "Y/n!" Someone that was running for me grabbed my shoulder. I turned around in fear and Stella was panting hard.

"O-Oh i'm sorry! I thought you were one of the sellers again!"

"Sellers? What?" She took her time to breathe. "W-Well sellers seem to give me free items?" She was taken aback. "Free?? Where!"

"Well.. I got free jewelry, hair accessories and a bag?" She instantly turned and ran again. Aish this woman.

I arrived at King Jeon's chamber. I placed each of the items I got carefully on the bed. I took the mystery bag full of supposed hair accessories.

I opened it and my God, there's too much of them, and all of them look expensive, what?? There's some encrusted crystals and such. I do hope they're fake, I couldn't muster to wear it if it's expensive.

Why would they give it for free, and to me?

I took everything and placed it inside my closet. I still need to enjoy the festival, I just have to avoid the market this time.

-

There looks to be a performance going on over there.. I need to go have a check on- "ah!!" I shouted when a hand gripped my arm. "Stella, stop startling me like that!!"

"Yah!! There was nothing free!" Oh so now it's my fault. "Well I don't know, they really did give me random things."

"Ugh, I guess they know you as King Jeon's closest woman." Wait, did they really do that for that reason? That's absurd..

"They're so talented.." I watch a group of dancers go with the beat of their music. "Y/n.." Stella stares at the unknown. "Yeah?"

"I think i like the main dancer" I chuckled, "nothing's wrong with that?"

I looked for the main dancer. Hmm, he really is good, flexible and all. Their dance ended and they started to walk away after bowing.

"Y/n let's go!" She tugs my arm. "Uh where?"

"To my future husband!" She already followed the dancers without my say. Oh Stella. I smiled at her enthusiasm even if she left me.

I should follow her. I took a step and I got choked by my collar. Someone pulled the back of the collar.

I turned around. "Going somewhere?" Huh? Why is he in his casual attire? No royal garments or mantle. I looked around, why are there also no royal guards?

"You seem to have a lot on your mind."

"Your Majesty, why do you have no royal guards around?" The spot we are on is dim so I can't see clearly. "They are better at guarding the people."

Oh. I slowly nodded. A loud music played again, I was startled that I looked in that direction. A group of all men this time.

A sexy music plays. O-Oh God they started to strip. Holy moly, they're all packed. I was intrigued when each of them went and took women off the crowd. They each started to dance around the women.