Chapter One

Slap.

And another.

I whimper in pain as the King's advisor quivers in anger.

He slapped me again and it sent me to the edge, I finally cried from the sting and humiliation mixed together.

Kneeled before him with hands tied on my back, I heard his sword slide swiftly from his scabbard.

A cold iron sits at the crook of my neck. I looked at him and he breathed heavily. "You are a disgrace, to even walk inside this palace." He spat.

I'm sorry, but my life depended on it. I have no other choice. Tears fall out one by one. I felt the blade dug on my skin and I screamed in pain. I shouldn't be the one in this position.

I moved my body away from the sword and my cut stings. "You dare act this way? Haven't you thought about it when you were near that ring servant?" He taunts and I wanted to scream at his face so badly that it wasn't my intention.

Our heads snapped at the door that opened. All of them bowed before him. "Leave", I could only look at the floor as I heard footsteps disappear and the door closed.

"Talk." Instead, I cried my eyes out to beg for forgiveness. I couldn't talk, as if my throat was closing on me, maybe it was my crying or the dishonor.

I heard his sword make that taunting sound, the way his advisor had but he has more weight and authority that it made me shudder to the bones. The contact of the tip of his sword beneath my chin caused me to shiver.

He gave it leverage for me to look at him. He has that stoic look, just like the prior King. I felt like shaking just by locking eyes with him. "Was it my brother." My eyes widened.

"Never speak of me or I will slit your throat in your sleep the least you expect it."

I cried again, not knowing what to do. I'm gambling my life with King Jeon's hand or his brother. "Is he more frightening to you than I am that you can do this.." He glowered.

"I-I'm sorry your Highness, i-i was forced to." I cried like a kid in front of the King. At Least I could die letting the King know it wasn't my real intention.

That heirloom symbolized the King and Queen's trust in him in leading this country, like a diploma.

I closed my eyes in an instant when I saw him lift his sword a little, then I whimpered once again when I felt the flat side of his sword on my cheek and he used it to make me look the other way.

Ah.

My cut.. he must've noticed it. "Hng!" He grabbed me by the hair by surprise and I stood up within seconds, my scalp hurting so much. He pulled my head further making it hard to even swallow. I closed my eyes and prayed to God he wouldn't kill me.

Please not now, not ever.. I felt light, not by the prayer, but by him slashing his sword in the middle of my uniform and I couldn't hide my breasts from him. I pant getting scared if he was going to rape me first before he gets to kill.

He kept moving his sword until my uniform and underwear was just a pile of shredded material. Cold air hugged my entire figure and I felt my nipples get tender. I can't see but I know he's staring at my bare breasts.

I breathe fast anticipating for the worst to happen. He yanked my head to come near his lips. "I'll spare your death in exchange for becoming a gestational carrier to my child."

I froze.. I-I can't. I felt like spilling tears for the nth time today but i need to keep it in. I need to do this, just 9 months, 9 months to a year and I'll be free. I forced myself to nod because I also can't die. He let me go and I fell on my knees. I feel my stomach whirling around by the thought of getting pregnant.

My hands broke free and I looked up to see him use his sword. I didn't even feel the sword go through me. "Maine!" Instantly, a servant came running in. "Bathe her." He then walked away, slamming his door.

This servant is a palace servant, we are divided in two, one works inside this palace and others including me work outside.

She helped me get up. I halt on my steps when I notice her taking me to the King's bathroom. "I-I can't. Not in his quarter." She looked at me full of concern. She must not have known what i commited. "Our bathroom is far away from here, you can't walk here just wrapped in a towel."

What should I do.. I don't have the face to use his Majesty's area. The door suddenly opened and another servant came in. "His majesty asked for your new clothes and for you to not leave this room." She placed the clothes on a chair near us and left.

Me and Maine looked at each other. I have no other choice, as always. She guided me inside and assisted me to sit inside the tub.

Everything inside this palace is truly pristine. I can't believe he also gave me consideration, King Jeon is known for being merciless, if he dislikes you, slash. Without a second thought.