27

Nunew's POV

Me and Zee look at each other before looking at the bed. Today was our first night sleeping together in a room.

"Well um .. let's sleep .." he said as I nod awkwardly. I slept on the left side of the bed while Zee take the right side. I turned to Zee as he did the same. I quickly look away once our eyes meet. The both of us stared up into the ceiling as I fiddled with my teddy bear. I bite my lips as awkward silence filled up the air.

"I can't sleep like this." I thought and soon sigh in defeat.

"I can't do this." I said , sitting up as Zee looked at me. I then grabbed the pillow , walking towards the sofa.

"What are you doing ?" He asked , turning the lights on.

"I am sleeping on the sofa .." I said , placing the pillow down.

"And why ?" He asked.

"I can't sleep on the same bed .. it feels .. awkward .." I muttered as he then sigh.

"Fine .. but let me sleep on the sofa while you sleep on the bed .." he said.

"What ? This is your room .." I said , declining jis offer.

"Yes but now this is our room and I want you to sleep on the bed .." he said as I frown.

"But I-."

"Are we going to keep bickering about who is going to sleep on the bed and who is going to sleep on the sofa ?" He asked.

"At this rate , we'll wake mom up .." he said and he then sigh.

"And plus .. it's not gentleman of me if I let you sleep uncomfortably on the sofa .." he said softly making my heart melt and butterflies appeared in my stomach.

"So please .. sleep on the bed and I'll sleep on the sofa .." he said as I then nod. He got up as I walked back to the bed. I sat down on the bed as he plopped down on the sofa. I made myself comfortable as he laid down.

"Zee .." I said making him hum.

"Could you do me a favor ?" I asked.

"What is it ?" He asked.

"If you have anything to tell me .. be it whether you are stress , sad or mad .. you can tell me na .." I said.

"Don't keep it to yourself .." I said.

"Okay .." he replied softly.

"Goodnight Zee .." I whispered before turning the lights off.

"Goodnight .. Nhu .." he said. I slowly close my eyes , drifting to sleep.

- next day -

Noah's POV

I push the door open to the cafe , walking in to see Nat at the counter.

"Hey Nat .." I said.

"Oh hey Noah ! What brings you here today ?" He asked.

"I was wondering if Nhu is here today , I'd like to talk to him .." I answered as he then pout.

"Nhu is on a week off .." he said making me frown.

"A week ?" I asked and he nod.

"Something happened back at home so Nhu took a week off to settle it .." he said.

"Oh okay .. thanks for telling me .. I'll just come back later .." I said before heading towards the door.

"Hey Noah !" I turned around to Nat as he walked towards me.

"I was wondering .. do you somehow like Nunew ?" He asked making me freeze.

"What's with the sudden question ?" I asked , rubbing my neck nervously.

"I don't know .. you come here almost everyday just to ask for Nhu .. so I was wondering whether you like him .." he said making me chuckle.

"Pft .. me ? Like Nunew ? Me and Nhu are just close friends .. nothing more .." I said.

"Uh , I should go .." I said and he nod. I walked out of the cafe to my car. I then decided to drive to a place. After a while , I pulled up to Nunew's house. I got out , walking towards the door. I ring the doorbell , waiting for him to open the door. I frown as no one came. I rang a couple more times and still no answer. I walked towards the window , peeking in seeing the house totally empty.

"Hello , how can I help you ?" I turned seeing a woman.

"I am the neighbor across the street .. are you looking for someone ?" She asked.

"U-Uh hi .. sorry .. I was wondering if you've seen a boy who stays in this house .." I said.

"Oh you mean Nhu ?" She asked and I nodded.

"Well , I heard that ever since Sun went in the hospital , he rarely stays here .." she said.

"The last time I saw him , I saw that he was moving to somewhere .." she said making me frown.

"Move ?" I asked and she nod.

"On that day , there was handsome guy who picked him up , so I assume Nhu moved in with that guy .." she said.

"Ah is that so .. well thank you .." I said and she nodded. She then walked away as I sigh.

"Move ?" I asked myself as I then walked to my car , driving to a nearby mall to get some coffee.

I was buying coffee when I heard a familiar voice. I turned around and soon saw Nunew. My eyes lit up and I smile , wanting to approach him but soon my heart stopped , seeing him with a guy.

Nunew's POV

"Come on Zee , you gotta help me stop mom .." I plead , squeezing his arm.

"She keeps buying stuff for me ! And I feel bad !" I said.

"That's because you are her soon-to-be son in law .." he said.

"But I am not her soon to be son in law ! I am your fake fiancé !" I said loudly only for him to hear. He sigh , continuing to walk.

"Zee~" I whine as he then stop.

"Look , mom has always dream about me getting a fiancé , think of it as a gift .." he said making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah , but what am I supposed to do with all that 'gifts' ? I don't need all of that !" I fought back.

"Look at how many suits , shoes and accessories she bought for me !" I said as I pointed to Poppy who was carrying all of the shopping bags.

"Just go with it .." he said and I sigh. He then grabbed my hand making me frown.

"Look as long as this ring is on your finger , this indicates that you are my fiancé , fake or not fake , you are still my 'lover'. And plus , my mom loves you more than me now .." he said making me chuckle in disbelief.

"This ring is the reason why I am dreadfully stuck with you !" I fought back making him gasp playfully.

"Like it or not , you are stuck with me , Mr Fiancé .." he said making me poke my inner cheek with my tongue.

"Are you going to let go or not ?" I asked , looking down to his hand that was holding onto mine.

"Why should I ? You are my fiancé .. I have the rights to hold your hand .." he said leaning down closer to me making my cheeks burn up and my stomach all tingling.

"Calm down Nhu .. calm down .. don't blush .." I cursed myself mentally.

"You je-."

"Nhu ?" I turned and soon my eyes widened seeing Noah.

"N-Noah .." I said as he look at Zee. I turned to Zee and back to Noah , gulping my saliva nervously.