13

Nunew's POV

I kept pacing back and forth , biting my nails nervously as Zee sat on the couch , watching me.

"New , for the fifth. Could you please stop pacing back and forth and relax ?" He asked.

"That's easy for you to say !" I said as I look at him , biting my nails nervously.

"You are making yourself worry for no reason. It's just meeting my mom." He said.

"Yeah , meeting your mom !" I said emphasising on the word 'mom'.

"I shouldn't have signed up for this !" I said.

"What have I done ?" I asked.

"New .." I shook my head , ruffling my hair.

"Urgh , what did I doo ?" I whined.

"New !" I jumped as Zee got up , holding my arms.

"Stop biting your nails or else it'll bleed." He said sternly as he then made me sit on the coffee table , facing him.

"Listen. You signed the contract for a reason. That is P'Sun. Remember what you said at the dinner ? This deal will benefit the both of us. All the treatment for P'Sun will be paid by me and I will be able to satisfy my mom's wishes. It's a win-win deal for the both of us." He said as I look at him.

"So suck it up." He said.

"Breathe." He said as I did what he said. He then looked down to my fingers , holding my hand gently.

"Look at all of your nails .. they are bleeding because of your teeth." He said as he then reached forward to the drawer. He then took out a box of bandages , taking out one slip. He then wrapped the bandage around my bleeding fingertip.

"Your poor nails will be gone if you keep biting them .." he said.

"I have the habits of biting them whenever I feel anxious .." I said.

"So you biting your nails , calms you down ?" He asked making me nod.

"I have bad anxiety ..." I said softly. He then held both of my hand gently making me look at him astonished. He look at my nails with a soft smile.

"You have pretty hands .. but it's sad that it gets hurt by your bites .." he said softly making me flustered. I then pulled my hand away , getting up. I cleared my throat , rubbing my neck nervously.

"I should um .. go and rest .. I'll see you tomorrow .." I said speed walking towards the steps.

"Nunew." I stopped my track , turning around to him.

"Be ready by 12 tomorrow." He said.

"O-Okay .." I answered before running up the stairs. I closed the door , leaning against it. I then looked at my nails seeing the plaster on one of my fingers. I held them , feeling my cheeks burn up.

"Aow , Nhu ! Step out of it !" I said , slapping myself gently. I then rubbed my temple , sighing.

"Let's just wash up and sleep .." I said , walking towards the bathroom.

- next day -

I look at myself in the mirror , fixing my hair. I was wearing a simple shirt dress that was pair along with suited jeans. I then walked downstairs to see Zee dressed up in his casual outfit. He was wearing a white polo tee that looks tight on his arms and straight cut pants that makes the look very casual.

"Zee .. is kind of handsome .." I thought.

"Done staring ?" I snapped out of my thoughts , hearing Zee's voice. I cleared my throat , rubbing the back of my neck nervously as I walked down the stairs.

"Are you ready ?" He asked and I nod.

"Let's go .." he said as we walked out of the house.

I fiddled with my fingers , looking out the window as Zee drove.

"Why am I feeling so nervous ?" I thought.

"We are a fake couple anyways .. so it should be easy to act as if we are in .. love .." I thought as I then look at Zee.

"Love .." I thought. I then slowly look away , sighing. Right .. me and Zee aren't in love. We are just doing this base of the contract we agreed on. I clutch my fist , biting my lips as I leaned my head on the window slightly. After a while , we pulled up to a huge house. I look at it as Zee turned the engine on.

"We are finally here. You ready ?" He asked as I breathed in and out.

"Look , relax , just follow my lead." He said and I nod , getting out of the car as Zee did the same. I close my door as Zee walked over to me. I was about to ring the doorbell when Zee grabbed my wrist making me turn to him with a confused frown.

"What ?" I asked. He then pulled his hand out making me look at him , frowning.

"Hold my hand." He said.

"I am not going to hold your hand." I said in denial.

"We are a couple remember." He said.

"If you don't want my mom to find out about us. Act like you are my fiancé." He said as I sigh in defeat.

"Fine .." I said as I hesitantly placed my hand on his. His big hand held my hand as he then ring the doorbell.

"I don't get it why must we hold hand ?" I asked.

"Didn't I say to follow my lead ?" He asked back as I look at him.

"But-." Before I could continue my sentence the door opened.

"I thought I heard you hon .." said a lady as Zee cleared his throat.

"Hey mae .." he said. She then turned to me and soon gasped.

"Is he who I think he is ?" she asked. I look at Zee as he then turned to his mom.

"Mae .. this is Nunew .. my fiancé .." Introduced Zee.

"Sawadeekrub  .. ma'am .." I said greeting her. She then chuckled , opening her arms as she hugged me making me freeze in my place.

"It's so good to finally see you .." she said as I slowly wrapped my arms around her. I smile softly , hugging her back hesitantly. She then pulled away , holding both my arms.

"You both are just in time for lunch .. come .." she said as she held my hand. I look at Zee as he signalled me to just follow her.

- later -

I ate my food as Zee and his mom had a conversation.

"So Nhu .. I heard that you flew in from England .." she said making me choked on my food. I coughed as she then pat my back.

"Here , drink honey .." she said as I drank my water , clearing my throat.

"You okay sweetheart ?" She asked as I then tugged Zee with my foot. He look at me as I signalled to him. He just nod , frowning as a sign for me to make things up.

"Ah yes , I am permanently moving to Thailand.." I made up making her nod.

"Then any reason why you decided to move to Thailand ?" She asked.

"W-Well .. I got a job here now .." I said , smiling.

"Oh what type of job ? If you don't mind asking .." she asked gently.

"Well I am helping my friend with her café .." I said as she nod.

"Thats wonderful .. since you are moving to Thailand .. it will be easier to do the wedding .. isn't that right Zee ?" She asked making Zee choked on his water as I sat there frozen.

Late upload , I was so busy the whole day , so I managed to edit one chapter today ! Hope you love the chapter so far ! ❤️