26

Nunew's POV

I let go of Zee's hand , turning to him.

"What are we going to do ?!" I asked.

"Did you know about this ?!" I asked loudly only for him to hear.

"How would I know mom would suddenly show up at our house with a luggage ?!" He fought back.

"What are we going to do ?! We don't use the same room ! What about my stuff and clothes in the room ?! She thinks we are sleeping in the same room !" I said.

"Look , it's just for three days .. it won't be that bad .." he said trying to calm me down.

"Look , we are getting good at acting .. all we have to do is act as if we are lovers in front of her until she leaves .." he said and I sigh.

"Just follow my lead .. got it ?" He asked.

"I always follow your lead !" I fought back.

"Then just continue following my lead , now .. I need you to go up to your room and take whatever you need and transfer it to my room , got it ?" He asked as I sigh , nodding in defeat.

"Go go .." he said , pushing me out of the kitchen. I sigh , running up the stairs in secrecy. I speed walk into the room , grabbing all of my stuff and some of my clothes. I quickly transfer it into Zee's room. I open the door and soon my eyes widened seeing how huge Zee's room is.

"Where Nhu ?" I heard Mom from outside making me panic. I quickly placed everything in Zee's closet , placing my teddy bear on the bed to make it seem like we are sleeping in one room. Soon the door opened making me stop whatever I was doing , turning to see Zee and mom.

"Hey mom .." I said , smiling awkwardly as she look around the room. Zee then came beside me as I smile.

"Zee .. you should really change up the color of your room .. is all dull , right Nhu ?" Asked Mom making me chuckle.

"Oh mae .. I already told Zee so many time ... but you know Zee .. he is stubborn .." I said , holding Zee's arm.

"Right honey ?" I asked , giving him a fake smile.

"Right but you know I am one stubborn person , you still love me , am I right ?" He asked pinching my cheek making me scrunch up my face. Mom giggled before shaking her head. I then quickly let go of Zee's arm.

"Mae , Why don't I help you unpack your stuff in the room ?" I asked , holding her hand as I lead her out. I turned back to Zee , glaring at him.

- later -

I sat on the bed as Mom unpacked her stuff.

"You know .. seeing Zee happy like this warms my heart .." she said as she fold her clothes.

"It's been a long time since I last saw Zee , smiling like this .." she said making me frown.

"You mean .. you haven't seen Zee smile ?" I asked and she nod.

"Zee is the type of person who would only show his cold and cool posture. The last time I saw him smile was when we celebrated his 7th birthday .." she said making me look at her.

"Here .. this is a picture of Zee when he was 7 .." she said , handing me a photo.

" she said , handing me a photo

I giggled , looking at it.

"That was the last time I saw him smile .. ever since his father trained him to be the next CEO .. it seems like the Zee Pruk I know is gone .." she said.

"You know , Zee's father .. has been tough on Zee ever since he was young .. that made Zee change .." she said.

"I know that my Zee is tired .. but he would never show .. because he doesn't want to seen weak .." she said.

"No matter how many time I told Zee's father off .. Zee's father will still be harsh on him .. he would scold Zee even if it was a small mistake .. Zee's father strives for perfection .." she said.

"Every time I asked Zee whether him following whatever his father ask makes him happy.. Zee would keep quiet and say that he is fine with whatever his father ask to do .."  she said as she then look at me with teary eyes.

"Mae .." I said with a hint of worry. I held her hand , getting down from the bed as she sniffles.

"Don't worry .. I am okay .. I just .. this are happy tears .." she said , wiping her tears away. She held my hand tightly , caressing my cheek.

"Thank you na .. for loving Zee .." she croaked as I look at her.

"For making him smile .. and for bringing me my old Zee back .." she said.

"No matter what , I want the both of you to take care of each other .. love each other .." she advised making me nod.

"Promise me na .." she said and I nod.

"I promise .." I said. She then chuckled , pulling me to her embrace. I rubbed her back gently , sighing as I close my eyes , letting a tear drop.

"Nhu .. mae , dinner is re-." I pulled away , turning to see Zee. He frown looking at the both of us.

"Am I interrupting something ?" He asked as Mom chuckled , shaking her head.

"Dinner is ready ?" She asked as Zee nod. She look at me before getting up. She walked towards Zee as I got up. She caress his cheek before leaving the room. I cleared my throat as I wiped my tears away. I was about to walked out of the room when he grabbed my wrist making me turn.

"What's wrong ?" He asked as I look at him.

"Did mom say something ? If she did .. she didn't mean anything .." he said and I shook my head.

"She didn't say anything .. don't worry .." I said , looking at him. He then gently wipe the tears away. I held his hand , smiling reassuringly.

"Come on , let's eat .." I said as I then held his hand making him look surprised. We both then went downstairs to the dining room. Throughout the dinner , I look at Zee who was busy interacting with his mother. He had a smile on his face making me smile. Zee's mom said that she rarely see Zee smile and today ..she got to see that smile that she missed. Zee then turned to face me , frowning as he saw me not eating. I chuckled , continued to eat. Zee smile slightly as he continued his conversation with his mom. I look at Zee and smile.

Zee must've been in pain for so long .. and didn't have anyone to turn to ... I know my relationship with Zee would end after one month but I'll try to keep him happy within this time ... I'll be the one who'll be there for Zee before our time ends.